Talk

Advanced search

Deep breath...I'm thinking of taking my DS swimming but haven't got a costume

(20 Posts)
MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 10:34:31

Right I know I've got to think of DS first and feel he'd love to go swimming, trouble is I look hideous. Anyone able to recommend a vaguely flattering cozie?

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 12:05:33

help me please...

WaynettaSlob Thu 07-Aug-08 12:08:28

John Lewis do tummy flattening ones.....

But TBH, people (i.e. yours truly, queen judgey!) don't really pay attention to the size of other women at the pool / beach - unless you're really trim looking. As long as your lady garden is suitable trimmed, you'll be fine!!

Enjoy

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlueDragonfly Thu 07-Aug-08 12:09:54

i HATE being seen in a costume and have rarely taken DS1 and 2 swimming as they have got older but the thing with a baby is that you can hold them over post natal belly wink

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 12:22:24

You mean I've got to sort out my lady garden , tbh I was thinking about those costumes with a boy leg or maybe a full body suit like Graham Thorpe, actually that would look more hideous. Norks? 16-18 <gulps> and still breast feeding so about a 38 EE, argh!

objectivity Thu 07-Aug-08 12:25:53

When I see people who look gross(which I'm sure you don't) I register it and forget it. That's it.So,even if you look really, really dreadful I think it will flitter across people's radar for a nanosecond and then be forgotten. You will not be gawped at. People will not care. And,nearly everybody is thinking about people looking at them. We are all wasting our time. I look gross because I have a VILE varicose vein. Iknow people look but it doesn't mean any more than they look. DYSWIM?

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 12:51:32

Yes you're right and if I focus on him and his enjoyment I reckon it'll be ok

FranSanDisco Thu 07-Aug-08 12:55:28

Have been at the local pool for the past 2 weeks (sitting in cafe smile as ds is on "hard labour" = crash course swimming. Have seen lots of body shapes with/without body hair and this includes men and women. I think anything goes quite frankly.

andyrobo237 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:14:12

My SIL got one mail order from Figleaves - it was plain black with a small white trim, and had built in cups and tummy flattener - so kept it all in. It was a bit dull looking though - quite a traditional style. I do agree (and I went yesterday) that no one takes too much notice of anyone for too long, I did clock a larger lady than me and I also find that holding the child strategically is a good one! I have bad legs to - all bad veins, which makes me even more conscious (but that will change soon after my op - cant wait!)

It may be better to go to a baby / toddler session if your DS is pre-school as it is usually mums and tots there who are all busy with their little ones.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:19:15

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:19:40

Message withdrawn

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 20:18:50

mm

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 20:24:33

isthiswhatI'msupposedtodo?

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 20:25:29

obviouslybloominnot

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 20:25:55

huzzah

FluffyMummy123 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:09:57

Message withdrawn

elkiedee Fri 08-Aug-08 13:24:19

When you're in the water people can't see so much of you anyway. You could get a towelling robe as a cover up for walking between changing room and pool if you're nervous, might also be handy for keeping warm in while you sort out ds afterwards.

MadameCheese Fri 08-Aug-08 13:50:11

good idea elkiedee, thanks and iCod I might try bhs as cozies on website look quite nice, frankly I can't justify that much money for something I'm not going to wear much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now