Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Knee length lightweight raincoat for dd - anyone found any?

(8 Posts)
idlingabout Wed 06-Aug-08 11:44:37

Has anyone managed to find a knee-length as opposed to jacket length raincoat for girls? I have looked everywhere and the only waterproof jackets are hip length and all coat length garments in autumn catalogues are either padded or fleece lined. My dd needs something light (pacamac weight would do) for the type of weather we are having now (ie wet but not cold) which would keep her legs dry. We walk to school in all weathers and walk as much as possible to activities rather than drive.
The only coats I have found were for small children; dd is 8 but generally wears clothes in bigger sizes as she is already over 140cm tall.

Jewelsandgems Wed 06-Aug-08 13:02:43

I have one for DD from Ted Baker Girl.
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_62809_563234_-1

Not sure it is waterproof though, she has certainly worn it in the rain and remained dry, but that is hardly the same thing!

Jewelsandgems Wed 06-Aug-08 13:04:36

Ooh just saw she is 8! -

They have this for older girls
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_62808_563342_-1

But if she is taller and older looking, maybe this one is too youngr-girl looking?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 06-Aug-08 13:04:46

tesco's had one in. i git dd1 it and that was either far to big for her or knee length. and its only £4.

idlingabout Thu 07-Aug-08 10:42:03

Thanks both of you. Thanks for the links 'Jewel' - those items would be too small but through your link I found a similar coat going up to age 12. Bizarrely on Debenhams' sizing dd would need a size 11-12 to get any wear out of it. They seem to think 8 year olds are only 128cm tall ! I will check out Tesco too.

Aefondkiss Thu 07-Aug-08 10:46:05

h&m have hello kitty knee length one, in red, pink or black, my dd has one, she is 7 and quite small, not sure what sizes they come in. Millets also do light weight longer ones iirc.

seb1 Thu 07-Aug-08 14:53:57

Found two online but couldn't find any stock anywhere gave up and managed to get a nearly knee length one from school shop. Though I did manage to find a longer length one for me.

idlingabout Sun 10-Aug-08 16:22:26

H&M one only fits up to age 8 and too small for DD. Am now unsure of the Debenhams coats as they don't say they are waterprooof. All she really needs is cagoule type material which will be waterproof enough for walking to school whilst not too warm. I don't know why all the manufacturer's assume that when it is wet it is also cold enough to need fleece or padding and offer nothing lightweight in coat length.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now