Talk

Advanced search

lunch at the Ivy, what to wear?

(9 Posts)
deaconblue Wed 06-Aug-08 07:44:39

Off to posh friends' party in a private room at the Ivy and have no idea what is suitable attire for a lunch somewhere like that. I have cream linen trousers (nice ones not everyday knocking about it ones) and a chocolate brown short sleeved blouse type thing. Wondered about that with some brown wedges (yet to purchase so suggestions please)???
Oh and we will be going by train and tube with two small sprogs so needs to be relatively travel proof (so maybe cream trews a foolish idea)

PerkinWarbeck Wed 06-Aug-08 07:53:44

lunch at the ivy is a fairly casual affair. last time I went I wore jeans, though I guess that if you're in the private room, your friends will be setting the dress code.

think you outfit sounds vg, although not sure about cream trews when juggling both two toddlers and food!

sweetheart Wed 06-Aug-08 11:02:10

I agree that the Ivy is smart / casual - nothing too posh. Have you asked your friend what she is wearing? Might give you a steer.

Anna8888 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:04:25

Don't wear cream linen trousers if you are going on a train first - you will arrive with a grey bottom [voice of bitter experience emoticon].

I would wear something that doesn't crease badly and doesn't show dirty train/child marks.

deaconblue Wed 06-Aug-08 13:36:33

oh friend is Indian and usually wears gorgeous saris to fancy events so no help. Ok can do smart/ casual. So dh won't need a tie?

girlnextdoor Wed 06-Aug-08 15:47:56

anything- it's quite casual.

twinkletoesbellyrolls Wed 06-Aug-08 16:06:31

DH won't need tie. Mine just wore a fred perry. Have never been there with my children but I think it really is a lovely relaxing experience being there and that the staff back you feel comfortable.

PS - the fishcakes in my humble opinion are the best in the world - yum!!! x

squeaver Wed 06-Aug-08 16:09:37

Smart but comfortable. Nice (wrap? shift?) dress. Smart trousers and shirt. Nothing that's going to crease if you're going on the tube.

I was at the Ivy last night [boast emoticon] and wore jeans, wedges and silk, floaty top.

suzywong Wed 06-Aug-08 16:10:17

a bib

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now