Talk

Advanced search

What are 3/4 length sleeves for??

(19 Posts)
suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 19:04:57

What are 3/4 length sleeves for?? I've tried to like them, honestly I have, but they seem so pointless. They're either too hot on warm days so I spend all my time shoving them up my arms, or they're too cold when it's chilly and I'm forever trying to pull them down to cover my wristies. I resolve never to buy 3/4-sleeved garments again. grin

alardi Tue 05-Aug-08 19:07:32

I wear them, it has to be boiling hot before I comfortably get down to true short sleeves.

A lotof 'older' women have horrible (flabby) upper arms and they hide those well.

RubyRioja Tue 05-Aug-08 19:08:31

To hide elbows
to assist washing up
to show jewellery

hanaflower Tue 05-Aug-08 19:08:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mazzystar Tue 05-Aug-08 19:09:18

love them myself
very flattering if you have large bust and slim wrists

CuckooClockWorkShy Tue 05-Aug-08 19:10:12

They are for ME! I love them. They are very flattering.

Katisha Tue 05-Aug-08 19:10:15

I love them. And if I have full length sleeves I have to push them up to look like three-quarter.

While I'm on the subject - why do all
T -shirts have those horrible cap sleeves which look so terrible on people with arms that are not stick thin? (Like me- biceps like Dockyard Dora...)

zippitippitoes Tue 05-Aug-08 19:11:54

i love them

v neck t shirts with three quarter sleeves great

if its cold i wear something over the top

i also wear strappy tops under neath

and three quarter cardis look nice
cover my elbows

Bink Tue 05-Aug-08 19:16:38

Love them love them

I must have "hot" wrists as I hate having things tight right down to my hands - always push them up, so 3/4 just ideal

Also out of the way for typing [clatter clatter] and writing and seeing my watch - all sorts of things

Think I must also have short arms, as jacket sleeves always come down nearly to my fingers - so love jackets with 3/4 sleeves too.

melpomene Tue 05-Aug-08 19:17:55

As well as being practical for cooking and washing up etc, 3/4 sleeves are also great for those of us who are petite and have relatively short arms; a lot of 'normal' long sleeves hang halfway over my hands.

ThingOne Tue 05-Aug-08 19:19:08

I love them. I don't really like short sleeves and long sleeves are a pain around the house, looking after two smalls. I hate having to roll up/fold up/push back all the time. I think they suit me.

sherby Tue 05-Aug-08 19:19:39

i don't like them, too skinny and they bag

they do really suit some people though and good for showing jewellery like somebody said

girlnextdoor Tue 05-Aug-08 19:30:46

I love them too- always push my sleeves up a bit if the are full length.

suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 19:51:06

Just Sherby and me then. My wrists are already slim <<admires slim wrists while typing on MN>> 3/4 sleeves really do drive me potty, flappping about at half mast. grin

janmoomoo Tue 05-Aug-08 20:45:29

I dont mind them, but what I dont get is jackets with three quarter length sleeves. That means you can never wear them if you are wearing something with full length sleeves.

giddykipper Tue 05-Aug-08 20:47:43

They are for very tall people who never manage to find sleeves long enough for full length. Now at least I can wear 3/4 length sleeves on purpose.

RambleOn Tue 05-Aug-08 20:55:04

I love them. They cover my bingo wings a treat grin

suedonim Tue 05-Aug-08 22:00:31

Totally agree Janmoomoo. I saw a jacket yesterday, quite a heavy one, not summery, with elbow length sleeves. Weird! hmm

wessexgirl Tue 05-Aug-08 22:02:01

My fave sleeve length EVER! It's official!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now