Talk

Advanced search

A godd hair product for naturally curly/wavy hair - so I can let my hair dry nturally and have lovely curls instead of a frizz !

(28 Posts)
CaptainUnderpants Tue 05-Aug-08 17:52:28

Heaven forbid - am going on holiday sson and not taking a hair dryer with me ( might sneak in the straigtners though !)

Have tried many a product but cant yet find one that will give me lovely curls when my hair dries naturally .

Do you know of one or any other tips for holiday curls ? smile

CoteDAzur Tue 05-Aug-08 18:01:32

Umberto Giannini - Curl Friends

You get it in Boots. It's a light pinkish cream/jelly. Put it all over hair when wet, scrunch & curl with fingers, then leave to dry. Lovely and soft curls.

charitygirl Tue 05-Aug-08 18:06:34

I'm SURE you've tried it, but does John frieda Frizz Ease (max stregth) serum not work for you?

Is you hair frizzy and straight or frizzy and curly?

blowsy Tue 05-Aug-08 18:08:13

I have got long,thick curly hair.

This is good. I mix it with a bit of this as curls hold better.

CaptainUnderpants Tue 05-Aug-08 18:08:15

Frizzy and curly - not keen on john fridea serum have used it before , not quite right smile

have never tried Umberto

saralou Tue 05-Aug-08 18:08:21

i've just started using the umberto stuff, is very good....

good shampoo/conditioner help too.... i'm using frizz ease, curl around at the moment and is very good!

PlinkyPonk Tue 05-Aug-08 18:09:30

Try this its great on frizzy hair www.mixedchicks.co.uk/index.php

CaptainUnderpants Tue 05-Aug-08 18:11:05

Some great products so far - keep them coming !

missbumpy Tue 05-Aug-08 21:12:54

I tried a new Aussie product recently that seems to do the trick. Can't remember what it's called but it's something like Anti-Frizz + Conditioning milk. Smells nice and really does seem to tame my locks...not too pricey either.

I always take things like hairbands and lots of clips to deal with it if it goes extra frizzy by the sea on holiday.

hairtwiddler Tue 05-Aug-08 21:15:38

I use pantene mousse for curly hair... I've tried many a product and this doesn't give me rats tails or make my hair feel greasy or sticky.

Dozymare Tue 05-Aug-08 21:19:07

my secret is to wash hair and then comb condition through (using Pantene for dry hair at the moment) and then jsut let it dry naturally....i have used everything, and I really do mean everything on the marketplace and this is by dar the most effective way at combating frizz and having soft, shiny, bouncy curls......

fishie Tue 05-Aug-08 21:24:42

aveda it is better than anything else i have tried and i have tried everything.

cheap products are very drying. also it is fairly economical despite huge outlay.

MrsWednesday Tue 05-Aug-08 21:25:34

I've been using the Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and 3 Minute Miracle Frizz Remedy conditioner which helps. Then after washing all that lot off, I use a little bit of Frizz Ease, wrap my hair in a towel to dry it, then use a small amount of Tigi Curls Rock amplifier

dexter73 Tue 05-Aug-08 21:45:04

I have the Aveda Be Curly but it smells rank! A good cheap one is Boots curl creme. It is pink and comes in a pot for a couple of quid.

fishie Tue 05-Aug-08 22:28:13

dexter, the aveda smells lovely (are you pg?) although they do another in a grey pot for putting on dry hair which is a bit whiffy.

curl creme is recipe for frizz.

bikerunski Wed 06-Aug-08 08:00:43

Asda Curly Locks cream. Put it into wet hair, comb and go.

Twinkie1 Wed 06-Aug-08 08:02:40

Kerastase do a serum stuff that you can out on wet curly hair and it dries without frixx - has orange squirty top.

brimfull Wed 06-Aug-08 08:07:05

silvikrin leave in conditioner works for me-I have stupid hair though,curly from my ears down and flat as a pancake on top-looks shite unless blowjobbed

fishie Wed 06-Aug-08 08:09:26

ggirl mine used to be flat on top. i was using too many heavy products in an attempt to moisturise and control it. my hair is very fine and very dry.

now i have laid off the leave in conditioner, serum etc etc it is much better. also i don't let it get much below shoulders or it goes straggly at ends and weighs top down.

DMCT Wed 06-Aug-08 08:09:40

John frieda brilliant brunettte - satine shine finishing creme, - silkens and separates. Seems to get rid of the frizz for me grin

fembear Wed 06-Aug-08 08:11:49

Where are you going on holiday Cap'n?
I find that my hair curls beautifully and naturally in Mediterranean heat, nothing like the frizz you get in Britain.

CaptainUnderpants Wed 06-Aug-08 09:56:00

Off to Boots shortly so am on the look out for the Umberto nad Silvikrin leave in conditioner. Have made a list of all the other products and in turn will try them , although not all in the next week as my bank balance wont allow it ! grin

Fembear - off to the Med !

thank you all . smile

EyeballsintheSky Wed 06-Aug-08 10:19:17

My hair is curly/frizzy too so came here looking for answers but can't help thinking that ggirl has given us a little tmi about her chosen hairstyling methods

CaptainUnderpants Wed 06-Aug-08 18:06:07

I tell you what if my hair looked fantastic after 'blowjobbed' my DH would be the happiest man on earth ! grin

GreenMonkies Wed 06-Aug-08 18:20:13

I use the Frizz Ease curl around conditioner followed by the serum combined with the dream curls spray, it makes my fuzzy mane all smooth and curly.

I have to say ggirl, when I'm blowjobbing I try to keep it out of my hair..........wink LOL!!!!!

Monkies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now