Talk

Advanced search

I'm short and large of nork. What classic clothing items should I have in my wardrobe? And what should I avoid?

(14 Posts)
EustaciaVye Tue 05-Aug-08 14:24:46

I already stick to v-necks and avoid big patterns.

What other things should I be drawn to?

EustaciaVye Tue 05-Aug-08 14:25:13

Oh, and I never wear buttons/shirts as they always gape.

bigspender30 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:04:37

wrap tops and dresses. Nothing smocky or you will drown in it and look huge. Em, make sure you have great bras and get fitted regularly.

moonmother Tue 05-Aug-08 15:19:54

I too am short and large of nork

Here are my clothes style rules:

low scoop neck
sweetheart neck
V-neck
ballet style wrap tops.
thin knit wear with the above neck lines
lockets or charm necklaces that finish at the start of your cleavage
fitted jackets that skim the figure
choose bootleg trousers or A-line skirts to balance out the boobs.
flat-fronted bootcut trousers
dark jeans
dress in all one colour if possible(makes you appear taller)

and a must is getting good bras as bigspender says.a good bra can 'appear' to take inches off your bust.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:25:06

Message withdrawn

Lauriefairycake Tue 05-Aug-08 15:38:35

add to what moonmother said:

when wearing a v-neck, low scoop, sweetheart neck wear three-quarter sleeves - balances out the bust

I also got trapped for 2 years wearing dark jeans and a top, now bought long boots (duo boots for fat calves)and a black a-line bias skirt so that has increased what I can wear somewhat

If short-waisted then a big no to wrap dresses - even with a great bra my 38H tits rest on my stomache as I'm very short-waisted so I look totally fuckwitted in most dresses

Big necklaces - no tiny weeny ones as it then balances out the tits, also good if like a charm necklace they fall below the cleavage (just) - seems to elongate the body slightly - ditto longer earrings

Don't know if you've had your 'colours' done but if you can't wear black close to your face then you can still wear a black top but with a necklace or (skinny) scarf in a better colour nearer you're face

and if you're generally a bit fat like me then don't wear spindly heels (I now look a right twat in them) but chunky heels with toe cleavage (low fronted or with peep toe) look great

brimfull Tue 05-Aug-08 16:51:45

linen trousers and fitted t-shirt( or v-neck today) and necklace is my staple wardrobe atm

I wear quite longish necklaces,I feel naked without accessories

brimfull Tue 05-Aug-08 16:52:55

meant v neck jumper

brimfull Tue 05-Aug-08 16:53:57

tailored coats and jackets are the most slimming but hard to get a good fit ,as if the fit tits ,too big everywhere else.

moonmother Tue 05-Aug-08 16:55:49

oh I forgot,I never wore shirts as they gape ,but I've recently bought a couple of fitted ones with wide belts and I put a thin camisole style vest on underneath and leave a few top buttons undone.It works like a v-neck t-shirt/jumper,and the shirt doesn't gape.

moonmother Tue 05-Aug-08 16:57:10

I agree ggirl,I am preparing myself to start the hunt for a great coat and jacket ,ready for Autumn.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

motherinferior Tue 05-Aug-08 17:00:56

I'm a shortarse F cup and wear wrap dresses. I look pretty OK in them.

EustaciaVye Tue 05-Aug-08 17:05:53

Ok, some really good ideas here.

I had a wrap dress last year that looked great but I've put on about 1/2 stone since then and now it looks no so great due to my current lack of waist.

I'm an F cup so have to be choosy with tops. Often just get plain v/scoop neck tops and wear with jeans/boots or skirts but it's all getting a bit boring.

I have a fitted jacket which I love although I cant wear it done up without breathing in any more [sigh]

So,perhaps I'm not doing too badly. I'm not good at accessorising at all though. Maybe that would make me feel a bit more up to date?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now