Talk

Advanced search

Fashion dilemma...Wedding to go to but still have jelly belly.. Should I buy a new (large) frock or wear a maternity dress?

(8 Posts)
beanybean Mon 04-Aug-08 22:39:46

MNs, I need your advice! Going to a wedding next month and still can't fit into my pre-pg clothes. Should I buy something new and risk wasting money on something I may never wear again or should I wear a maternity dress and risk people thinking I'm PG! There'll be lots of fatists there and I'm self conscious enough already!

Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 22:42:26

How about an empire line dress which will skim your tummy?
That way you can still wear it even when your weight is back down and your tummy is svelte again!
Hsve you lookes at the Monsoon sale as they have loads of pretty dresses for bargainous prices?

beanybean Mon 04-Aug-08 22:43:57

Thanks Pannacotta. Had a look in Monsoon but think I got there too late, only skinny sizes left sad

Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 22:58:20

You could look on ebay, there are loads of Monsoon dresses on there in all sizes, many of them new or worn once then sold, thats what I'd do (though I do know my Monsoon size and that their styles fit me), but maybe worth a try?
If not look at Principles, they do some lovely dresses some are reduced in their sale
www.principles.co.uk/fcp/departmentprod/DEPARTMENT/DRESSES?resetFilters=true

justjules Mon 04-Aug-08 23:01:58

i bought a beautiful dress from monsoon for a wedding,

same situation,

baby 4 weeks ago,

still have 'mum tum'

dress is fitted over the bust and then floats over my tum/hips/bum,

it will still look fab even when i lose some more weight,

Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 23:13:10

jj that is just waht I meant, the Monsoon styles are perfect for the post natal figure (though not ideal when breastfeeding!).
Hope you find something glam beany

DonutMum Tue 05-Aug-08 10:46:26

Hiya, why not get a spanx full body slip? Got mine today to wear under my Ghost dress for the baby's christening and it's holding in that jelly belly. It's a bit pricey though at £52, but I'm justifying it by saying I'll get more wear out of the clothes I've got instead of buying new ones. Except the Ghost dress is new (sale, though)grin

Smittals Tue 05-Aug-08 11:10:38

I got a stretchy waist corset from figleaves for about £17 that did the trick. Ribs to hips pull-on kind of thing, so still quite comfortable to wear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now