Talk

Advanced search

Mini Boden order arrived- review!!!!! Add your reviews too...........

(45 Posts)
pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 15:06:09

Fleece lined anorak - Gorgeous, keeping.
Groovy T-Shirt - Gorgeous, keeping.
Marl T-Shirt green - Gorgeous, keeping.
Marl T-shirt pink - Gorgeous, keeping.
Socks - Gorgeous to look at but they don't feel very nice considering the price. Keeping anyway!

Still waiting for lots, will add my reviews as they arrive, please add any more...

missblythe Mon 04-Aug-08 15:17:11

Pootle, Your DD and mine will be like twins this winter, I've got her all the same.

We also went for:

green cardi, which is not great quality for the price, but such a lovely colour on DD that I'll keep it anyway

Am pleased with all DD's things, much better than the stuff I ordered for me, which was just plain bizarre.

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 15:22:31

I love that everyday cardi and the green is a very good choice! Had to draw the line somewhere though and they're particularly pricey.

JackieNo Mon 04-Aug-08 17:06:57

I'd ordered the 2-pack of long john pyjamas for DS, who's a small age 4 (I've been buying him age 2-3 school clothes for September). They're going to have to go back, because they're too small for him. I know they say to order larger rather than smaller, because they're tight fitting, but he couldn't even get one of his hands through one of the sleeves. And I swear I ordered the planes one, and got the monkeys.

PrincessPeaHead Mon 04-Aug-08 17:09:19

missblythe the everyday cardis are terrible quality - wash very badly, look like dishcloths after a couple of wears, and fall apart at the shoulder sleeves

I had a couple last year and they were the worst quality of anything I've ever bought from boden. disappointing because the shape and colours are good (well they are when you first get them!)

I'd honestly return it and get something else

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 17:14:10

I think they're making their sizes a bit smaller now though JackieNo, I always had to buy dd the size down but now she's almost in the right size (she's 3.9 and this time I've ordered 3-4).

IllegallyBrunette Mon 04-Aug-08 17:15:51

£12 for 3 pairs of socks shock

That is just madness.

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 17:16:27

Really PPH shock, that's terrible for that price. Though if something I bought from them went like that I'd be sending it back for a refund.

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 17:17:28

I know, IB - but I justified it by getting my order in whilst the 20% off was running.

IllegallyBrunette Mon 04-Aug-08 17:19:32

Just under a tenner is still madness LOL.

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 17:23:16

True blush.

missblythe Mon 04-Aug-08 20:02:36

Really, Princess? Bugger.

<hangs head, walks slowly to hall to add cardi to box of ill-fitting womenswear>

PrincessPeaHead Mon 04-Aug-08 20:06:49

You are doing the right thing miss blythe

Now go and order that cable swing cardy instead - that is LOVELY and I had one very similar last year for dd (except it had a hood) and every time she wore it someone would stop her and say "I wish they did that in adult sizes"

SOOOOO nice. Worth the extra £8 honest.

Millie1 Mon 04-Aug-08 21:54:26

Oooh lovely things. Could you put the pink tights (either stripy or plain) pictured at the bottom of this link with the pinafore in the beige colour? www.boden.co.uk/col.asp?styid=73010&segname=Baby&segid=2&gpname=Dresses+%26+Pinafores&desname=Cord+A ppliqu%E9+Pinafore&gpid=43&gen=3&col=YEL

If not, what colour tights? For top, I'm thinking the darker of the twinpack t-shirt also featured at bottom of page.

I'm used to dressing boys so am still getting used to the 'pink' thing grin

stephla Mon 04-Aug-08 22:08:54

I have been humming and harring over boy's orange anorak. He is starting school in Sept and so obviously good from a road safety point of view but worried boys from less fashion-forward households might make unkind comments? OK. I've answered my own question. I will not ruin his life. Better boring and blue than orange and bullied. Life is so so tough ;-)

http://www.boden.co.uk/col.asp?segname=Mini&styid=25024&segid=5&gpname=Coats+%26+Jackets&desn ame=Fleece+Lined+Anorak&gpid=15&gen=2#garment_measurements

missblythe Mon 04-Aug-08 22:20:34

The orange is lovely, but the camoflage is far cooler. He'll look like a warm Action Man.

missblythe Mon 04-Aug-08 22:23:48

Millie1, the pink tights would look fab with the dress. (I am deeply envious of anyone being able to buy Boden Baby, as DD just reached 18 months when they introduced it. Is almost reason for try for another!).

You could also put it with a nice bright apple/grass green, which would look very pretty.

MingMingtheWonderPet Mon 04-Aug-08 22:29:11

The orange is fab. Don't think he will get any unkind comments in reception. Not sure boys even notice that sort of thing!

pootleflump - how thick is the anorak that you bought for your DD? Wondered how long thru the autumn it would last.

MingMingtheWonderPet Mon 04-Aug-08 22:33:54

Anyone ever bought any of their t-shirt dresses?

Like this

Wondered how they washed?

DontCallMeBaby Mon 04-Aug-08 22:37:04

JackieNo, my friend had exactly the same problem with their girls' longjohn pyjamas; her (perfectly normal, non-shovel-handed) DD couldn't get her hands through the sleeves. That was a season or two ago, so they've obviously not learned!

pootleflump Mon 04-Aug-08 22:46:48

MingMing, I'm expecting the jacket to do right through winter. It's very lightweight but nicely padded with a lovely warm fleecy lining (no fleece in arms though).

mrspink27 Mon 04-Aug-08 22:49:04

MingMing - T shirt dresses are fab! wash well and last!

Millie1 Mon 04-Aug-08 22:52:42

Thanks MissBlythe ... I feel an order coming on soon wink. Like the sound of apple green with it too - would be a change from pink and would look lovely. I shall get better at this grin

JackieNo Mon 04-Aug-08 22:54:01

Dontcallmebaby, thanks for that - glad it's not DS being a strange shape (he really isn't, and is quite petite for 4).

Pootleflump - you're right, I guess. I'm just used to everything being too big on him.

MingMingtheWonderPet Mon 04-Aug-08 23:00:30

Thanks for that pootlflump. Would prob need something with padding in the arms for DD tho as she is a chilly mortal! In fairness it gets pretty cold sitting in buggy taking DS to sschool.

Good news about the t-shirt dresses mrs pink, they look fab and I think I will be off to place an order soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now