Talk

Advanced search

Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter is back in stock ....

(12 Posts)
annh Mon 04-Aug-08 14:32:06

... or maybe this is old news, but have been on hols and when I went into my local Waitrose this morning there were loads of pots on the shelf where previously there has only been a big hole for months! And it's still the same price - who'd have thought it?

HumphreyPinCushion Mon 04-Aug-08 14:33:59

<<cue locust-swarms of wrinkly-faced shoppers>>
grin

MissFortune Mon 04-Aug-08 15:19:49

Does it work?

annh Mon 04-Aug-08 16:45:10

If you search the archives, there are lots of threads on it. I use it at night and also put it on my elbows and ankles and for me, it's pretty good. However, it's quite greasy so I couldn't use it for day and might be too heavy for people with sensitive skin.

MissFortune Mon 04-Aug-08 17:28:11

just checked in our local, no stock as usual!

hoppybird Tue 05-Aug-08 09:17:08

Has anyone used this as make-up remover? If it's mostly olive oil, then it should work, but I was wondering if the other indgredients would be kind on your eyes if taking off mascara? Anyone care to test it out?

hoppybird Tue 05-Aug-08 09:19:40

(I don't have any Bottom Butter so I don't know what the texture is like).

beautyscientist Tue 05-Aug-08 11:00:30

It should work okay as a make up remover, but straight olive oil would be better.

mousemole Tue 05-Aug-08 12:48:38

i've just got some ( finally) and it is nice but I have been putting bio oil on my face and am really pleased with the results. Very hydrated skin now with very even skin tone. Not sure bottom butter can beat it really !

hoppybird Tue 05-Aug-08 13:36:10

beautyscientist, when I run out of my usual cleanser, (this stuff) I use olive oil, which works, but does take more effort and doesn't rinse off well and I end up with a bit of an oil-slick. I thought maybe a solidified form of olive oil (like the bottome butter) may work better?

raggety Tue 05-Aug-08 13:48:21

I was in Waitrose a month or so ago and I overheard two 'partners' loading shelves. The man was informing the woman that there would be no stock of Bottom Butter for several weeks because the manufacturers had run out of ingredient supplies due to a sudden increase in sales! The power of word-of-mouth marketing.

I have recently purchased some as it is back in stock. For a cheap product, it is good. Better than some chemical L'Oreal crud which makes your skin go blotchy and sting.

beautyscientist Tue 05-Aug-08 15:54:25

hoppybird - I think that the Waitrose Baby Bottom would be too thick to use effectively - though I am always amazed at the different ways people use products. I might make a lotion using olive oil as a make up remover and see if people like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now