Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one whose DP...

(18 Posts)
VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 10:34:13

Would love me to dress like trailer trash?

He has such awful taste it's unbelievable.

I'm 27, past the age where I think I could get away with wearing a skirt much above the knee during the day, yet DP suggests denim mini skirts all the time, with heeled boots, and bra straps showing.hmm

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 10:50:29

I was hoping everyone would say 'ewww you can't dress like that' and then I could show him.grin

traceybath Mon 04-Aug-08 10:58:28

27 is still young! denim mini skirt fine on holiday with sandals but perhaps not will boots and bra straps showing.

in fact sounds like julia robert's costume in erin brokovitch.

IllegallyBrunette Mon 04-Aug-08 11:00:26

I am 30 and do still occasionally wear a denim skirt which is above my knees. Tbh though I really only wear it in the house, but would wear it on holiday.

IllegallyBrunette Mon 04-Aug-08 11:01:34

Oh i do wear it out in winter though, with tights and long boots.

zippitippitoes Mon 04-Aug-08 11:04:51

27 is no age at all

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 11:04:56

This is for the school run, or doing the shopping, or popping to B&Q on a sunday.
I'd wear a short skirt on the beach, or with tights and the right kind of boots (certainly not FMB's) in the winter, but it's really not casual day to day wear after the age of about 21.

VinegarTits Mon 04-Aug-08 11:08:36

I wouldnt say denim mini skirt and heeled boots were trailer trash, you would need to have greasy bleach blonde(roots showing) hair and fag permenately hanging out of your gob to go with it

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 11:14:05

Lol, I don't smoke and I have black hair but I still don't think I could get away with it!
Like this kind of thing rather than the more sensible

FluffyMummy123 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:14:29

Message withdrawn

RubyRioja Mon 04-Aug-08 11:16:27

My friends DH would have her dress like a hooker! Mine would have me dress in Windsmoor!

FluffyMummy123 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:16:44

Message withdrawn

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 11:16:46

Denim mini skirts cod? With heeled black boots? and vest tops?
I don't believe you.

scorpio1 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:17:44

mine would love it.

JRocks Mon 04-Aug-08 11:19:15

No, you're not the only one! DP loves that denim skirt and heel s idea. Also can't quite get his head around my assertion that I won't do legs and cleavage in the same outfit. He seems to think 'more is more' hmm grin

I suppose I'm partly pleased he'd still like to see it all rather than have me hidden away or covered up, but still...

FluffyMummy123 Mon 04-Aug-08 11:20:31

Message withdrawn

VictorianSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 11:20:57

DP tries telling me I wore outfits like it when we first met, he doesn't seem to understand the difference between t-shirt style tops, short (but a good few inches away from my arse!) denim skirt and black biker boots (plus being a size 10 at the time, with looking like stacey slater with a couple of extra stones.

BarefootShirl Mon 04-Aug-08 12:09:40

I'm comfortably past 27 and still wearing my denim mini - because I want to, but DH certainly doesn't seem to object grin.

Black boots - not really my thing. As for bra straps showing - I know you see a lot of women doing this but personally I think it looks cheap. If my straps were going to show I would go braless instead (and mostly do anyway) - but then others will say that is also trashy! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now