Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WWW's 10 year younger bootcamp, Aug 08, all welcome

(107 Posts)
WideWebWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 07:40:54

Hello everyone, old and new.

This is about feeling better about yourself and looking and feeling better etc. But mainly we chat and laugh quite a lot, which has all got to help towards happiness etc.

The rules (anyone can join):

- Sunscreen at all times - REALLY mean this now summer is here.

- No or little booze. Wine or Champagne or whatever at the weekend is allowed if you want it

- Walking is important, a small amount every day if possible. 30 mins if you can

- Lots of water, aim for 2 litres a day

- Apply body cream as often as possible

- Use hand cream

- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm if pos

- Eat healthily

- Be happy

The idea is that we all feel happier, healthier and glow with the good food, sleep, exercise, water and lack of sun damage.

Some people are doing India and Neris's Idiot Proof Diet (Atkins, more or less), others are doing Slimy World, others are just being as healthy as possible.

Welcome everyone, have a good week.
Apologies for belated new thread.

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 07:49:24

Moonshine, I so kwym aobut the clothes. All that La Redoute stuff I thought was ok is actually not now I've looked at it. I have a dodgy linen shirt that I'll never wear, 3 black dressses, 2 of which CLING, wtfkingf was I thinking? So actually the main thing I got form that huge shop was 2 new black tops to go with all the other black tops...I shopped online for a suit this week and realised after I'd placed the order that I'd shopped with pmt AGAIN so I sincerely hope it doesn't turn up only for me to discover it's made of lace or something

Please, tell me exactly what you've been taking for the pmt? And I will go and buy it, dh is v pissed off with me as my pmt has been so horrid here. We had huge row last night because I felt I'd spent a LOT of time loading and unloading dishwasher and picking up after children yesterday. We did some nice stuff like make a bicarb/vinegar volcano and we did a treasure hunt for them and then watched Jurassic Park on the projector but at the end of the day I was just knackered. Not helped by dd getting up at 6am although she did come in with me and go back until 7. but it was 6am this morning and I am pissed off that dh isn't getting up. He is a WIMP about sleep (and acknowledges it) and I want to be in a 5 star hotel with hot and cold room service, and a NANNY, waah, waah. <spoilt brat emoticon>. Feel work will be a relaxing break next week, pah.

Never mind. No idea whether FIL meant it about the money, I'll believe it when I see it in the bank tbh. <wistful and wishful thinking>

Last night had chicken wrapped in bacon with spinach
and 3 of ds's lemon sweets, oops, so crack, basically
and wine
but early night, as row kicked off and I was in bed by 10pm in a strop.

LoveAndSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 09:00:41

Hey all, just marking this for now, back later when DS is napping smile

Marina Mon 04-Aug-08 09:37:13

Morning all
Caught up with Oi's work travails on old thread, heartfelt sympathies my foxy friend. I have v. regular hours, a job surrounded by genteel nutters lovely people on the whole, and a moderate if high adrenalin commute on South Eastern Trains, and I still find working full-time absolutely gruelling. Especially when I stop IYSWIM, which I now have for the summer. I do hope you get a better work-life balance sorted soon, you and www both.
Am going to do short sharp bootcamp this week as am off on hols shortly. As our destination is more likely to have hot and cold running millipedes and a nanny goat service, I suspect WiFi is not a prospect so I will be with you in spirit as I dodge the ominous sounding Maison du Biscuit, about three miles up the road.
I am sure catching up on about a year's housework, doing all packing, breaking up hissy fit fights between the dcs will burn off a few kilos.
Have been attacking my feet vigorously and they look...OK. A bit traumatised, but OK.
Have been drinking too much whine though, maybe I am selflessly consuming L&S' share. I love bootcamp, it's all about giving.
The sun is shining, the kitchen floor is...not...see you all later!

cerys Mon 04-Aug-08 09:45:35

hello, just popping in! We had a few days away last week which were fun but not relaxing (theme park anyone??). Home this week and then off to devon for week, which I am determined will be more of a break for DH, who needs it.

Am fat as a fool - haven't run in months, comfort ate while all the DH worry was going on, and seemed to eat a lot of chips last week. We met up with two lots of old friends and I was so ashamed of how fat and frumpy I now look.

I am going back to running at the end of the holiday, so feel a bit better about that.
Marina, when you do Slimy World, do you follow mostly Original or Green? I find Green makes me want to eat my bodyweight in pasta.

Hope everyone OK? I haven't read the previous thread for a while.

LoveAndSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 09:45:41

Marina, your selfless generosity is a thing to behold grin

Back now from DP's parents' ... last few days were grueling, frankly. Including one truly horrendous incident in which DP's mum stormed out of the house, saying she couldn't cope with the situation anymore shock sad (DP having explained things are not easy). Needless to say this was hugely, hugely stressful, as I couldn't leave and the atmosphere was horrendous and I felt like a pariah and so forth. Left on Sat morning and went out for dinner with a friend (DP and DS came up the following day) and drank a LOT of wine, which helped in the short term (though it did mean yesterday was rather a trial grin).

So I'm generally feeling a bit traumatised at the moment. Things coming to a head a bit with DP and me, which I wasn't really ready for, but am going to have to deal with ... oh dear. Hum ho.

Positives ... I got my hair cut on Saturday and it is rather lovely - swooshy and a nice colour and generally ace. New, very gay hairdresser who spent the entire haircut telling me that he was 'talented' and 'very famous'. 'You google me when you get home and see how famous I am!' he insisted. Happily, he put his scissors where his mouth was, and all is well on the hair front!

batters Mon 04-Aug-08 09:47:11

Morning all .

Oi - hope you are feeling a little better today about things.

Gasp at www's huge la redoute order actually consisting of two things she can wear. Won't the clingy dresses be suitable when you lose a little more weight? Really hope your FIL's offer comes to fruition too.

Marina - where are you going on hols?

Had a fabulous though not that bootcamp friendly weekend. Topped off by bottles of wine and a lovely Indian meal last night with dp, dd and friends. Saw Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on Saturday and laughed and laughed (I don't get out that much though), partly because dd was appalled at all the snogging that went on. And went to my first football game and enjoyed it.

Happy Monday everyone .

suzywong Mon 04-Aug-08 09:54:23

hello everyone smile
how is everyone doing? Chugging along, dealing with real issues, taking life on the chin? Do I need to post a link to some life coaching Chopper Reid Style? Good.

I have been doing the IPD diet a la WWW and it's all great but I am a tad concerned about my cholesterol levels so I'm getting them checked with the results on Thursday. Will let you know.

batters Mon 04-Aug-08 09:54:45

oh and oi agree with www - a note to your friend telling her honestly why you decided you couldn't go to the wedding will be fine I am sure.

cam - how was the stagecoach production?

Marina - your dd's comments about wanting one parent - oh my - she reminds me of someone I know....

And what a shame about your friends - saggars - YANBU .

www - have a look at the kew shop online - there's a sale on if you still need clothes. Where did you order your suit from?

chutneymary Mon 04-Aug-08 11:12:37

Just adding myself to the thread - proper post later.

moonshine Mon 04-Aug-08 17:10:37

WWW - I hope you are not partly responsible for that leather M&S dress here selling out (sorry for the source but it's the first picture link I could find). I am glad I am no fashionista if that is what I am meant to be wearing.

And the linen shirt - was it black, long and have sleeves you could button up? If so I ordered that and looked horrendous in it. Thank the lord I had the sense to return it. Can we judge see your suit or would that be too traumatic at this time?

I took a supplement called Magnesium Ok and 1 500g evening primrose oil tab every day (well I tried) and saw a difference in about 3 months. It might be one or the other and I'm sure it has a different effect on different people but perhaps worth a go? It hasn't (yet!) cured my moods totally but there is no doubt I am so much less full of rage (hmm, that sentence looks or so wrong).

L&S - PIL situation sounds awful - are they closing ranks on you? Do you think your relationship is at all 'fixable' now?

Sorry, I meant to add that I use Bio Oil every now and then (sorry, have forgotten who was going to try it). I find that it is good on my face at nights (wake up with skin not looking patchy and dry) but am not yet convinced of its scar-fading properties. But it does indeed smell lovely smile.

Back at work and eating habits already better. But I can't believe how unfit I seemed to be already (haven't been able to get to gym at all recently - well except for once when I just couldn't face it).

Marina - I am going to join you in hardcore this week (well apart from tomorrow when we have our summer party - free booze and food all day hmm).

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 17:50:18

Marina, lol at your selfless generosity and at the hot and cold millipedes. Understnad about the whine too!

Cerys, do you want us to give you a virtual kick up the backside? <WWW's boot engages with Cerys's sizeable arse> there you go! (obv I have never met you and only have your word for it on size of you, bet it's not as bad as you think!) And your worry aboiut dh sounds mega stressful, you've got to do whatever you need to to get through it sometimes.

L&S, sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound like the best place to sort stuff out, their place, even without it being a dry house. Much sympathy on things coming to a head.

Oi, I hope you're feeling better too. 4 days of work to go iirc.

Batters, that sounds like a lovely weekend, I know, I know re the la redoute order, pita. I am a shit shopper. What is angus, thongs and perfect snogging? Will google!

Hello Wong, yes please to kick ass life coach, do post a link!

Batters, thanks re Kew, will look. Suit coming form M&S so fingers crossed it's not that bad. Realised I dont even have one for interviews as current contract is smart casual.

Moonshine, lol at leather dress, ewwww! Linen shirt was This one in green and M&S Suit is here and also this one - I'm expecting one fo them to be nicer so will send the other one back.

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 18:31:38

Today

2 rashers bacon, 1 sausage, 2 fried eggs

then we went to Beconscot model village and I had COMPLETELY forgotten it might be hard for me to buy anything IPD to eat so dh and the children had revolting looking hot dogs and I waited until we left and went to Waitrose and therefore my lunch, eaten in the car on the way back was LOVELY:

a whole dressed lobster
2 mini Hebridean crabs
some prawns with chilli and coriander
2 quail eggs and celery salt

And remembered to use sunscreen before we left and when we got there AND in the park this afternoon so v good on that front. Phillip Glenister was at Beconscot <swoon>

No idea what we're having for supper but Ocado have just delivered so something nice. And dh just offered me some wine and I don't want any, too knackered, will wait until children are in bed, if that.

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Aug-08 18:33:22

ASnd M&S have just told me the earliest they can deliver is 19th! So have cancelled order and will go elsewhere, any ideas? Will look at Kew first, need plain, sober black suit.

moonshine Mon 04-Aug-08 18:46:05

Ooh shame - really liked them, especially the charcoal grey one. Ermm, Principles sometimes have nice suits. Jaeger have a sale online (and are supposed to be more trendy these days, if that matters smile). Wallis usually do sober suits and not too £££. Not brilliant but there's always Next who at least do deliver in a hurry...

Oh and I checked EPO and I take mega high dose of 1050 mg daily!

tortoiseSHELL Mon 04-Aug-08 19:00:49

Hello all, just popping in, dd's 5th birthday today, went to Lacock Abbey for the day which was lovely, had ham ploughmans for lunch, which I shared with ds2 to save money smile - so lots of salad, a little ham and a tiny tiny bit of bread.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 04-Aug-08 19:11:47

Happy birthday to dd TS smile

Lol at Marina's 'whine'.

I will offer no style/shopping advice www. I'm a complete failure on that front sadly.

I'm doing my best to be booze free but there is still the aftermath of ds1's time 'Home Alone' in the kitchen - a box of Zinfandel and a good half a bottle of Southern Comfort which I am rather partial to. Also random bottles of beer which hold no interest for me, thankfully. Have run again today and will gym tomorrow. Re PMT - running has been a livesaver here in that respect, I'm a much calmer person because of it. <I once took the hammer to dh in a fit of pre menstrual rage so things have been a leetle grim here on that front>.

batters Mon 04-Aug-08 19:14:57

re kew - www - my skirt arrived today, it is indeed lovely. However kew sizes come up small I think. The size I ordered - which I fit into with Ghost and Boden so not huge in a Monsoon way though possibly generous - is too small for me. By I reckon a whole size. Am keeping the skirt for when I lose more weight but it ain't going to be fitting me for quite some time.

<<batters types sadly>>

Actually have a look on the site - I ordered the velvet cotton skirt and I think the cut of it is very similar to stuff I have seen you wearing, so it may be a purchase is in order for you!

cerys - get yourself a hair cut or a nice dress or something treaty and designed to make you feel good and get back on that wagon!

<<batters types between eating Cheese and Onion crisps>>

LoveAndSqualor Mon 04-Aug-08 22:10:02

just zooming through (should be writing a 2000-worder on poetry anthologies; oy and indeed vey) but wanted to say that is a bugger www, I liked both of those suits. I second moonshine on jaegar. Or jigsaw, maybe?

and moonshine - not sure whether things are salvageable, really. Off to my mum's for ten days next week, and going to do some serious, serious thinking then. Need to balance my need/desire not to fail at this with a realistic sense of what it would mean to succeed at it. Hmmn.

Batters, don't despair! Good to have something incentivising in the wardrobe I think. Let it be the Skirt of Aspiration! grin

Following tshell's excellent example and adding saving money to bootcamping aims from here on in, as I am now on the bare bones of mat pay and will be until december. Yikes. Here's to Aldi!

unknownrebelbang Mon 04-Aug-08 22:27:41

Rebel is in hiding. blush.

feetheart Mon 04-Aug-08 22:43:23

Was rather good over the w/e but BAD today - it was the homemade mint choc chip ice-cream that did it, that and the fact that DH brought it in in the tub, not a bowl, so rather a lot was eaten blush However I am now suffering (my insides really do have a problem with sweet stuff which should tell me something!)

Am off to my parents in N Ireland tomorrow for nearly a week so snacking and lots of sweet stuff are off the menu (and portions aren't usually generous!) though wine will be proffered every evening. Wine I can resist, sweet things are my downfall.
Wish me well as I manhandle 2 small children, via Easyjet, to Belfast ON MY OWN (eek!)

I may will be a model bootcamper on my return

suzywong Tue 05-Aug-08 01:22:19

as requested for WWW kick ass life coach, for when the problems of modern middleclassery are getting you down.
do not click if easily offended by profanity

tortoiseSHELL Tue 05-Aug-08 01:45:41

Www - ono re M&S delivery - I liked the first suit a lot!

Suzywong - good luck with the cholesterol levels on Thursday - how long have you been doing the IPD for?

feetheart - have a lovely time in Ireland - and yes, good luck on the plane!

L&S - sorry things aren't good with dp - how are you feeling? Do you think things are headed down a one way street or is there some turning back? I really hope things resolve one way or the other for you. x

batters - that sounds a lovely weekend! I saw an ad for that film - looked very funny!

marina - good luck getting ready for your hol!

Bootcamp today - pretty good. LOTS of walking - we walked all round Lacock and the grounds of the abbey which was really lovely. Lunch, as above, then supper was pasta in tomato sauce with leeks and onions, but I opted just for sauce as it was getting quite late, and didn't want a huge carb overdose. Water - check. smile Early to bed....yes, well, pass on that one! Unless I pretend I've got up extremely early! No wine - just water/tea/diet coke. I have got to kick the diet coke habit - I drink stupid amounts of it and always have done, especially when it's hot or if I'm trying to lose weight! But I'm sure it is bad for me and I KNOW it's expensive! So any encouragement on that side would be welcome!

Happiness - yes, had a lovely day with the kids, and a couple of people came over in the tearoom at Lacock to say how gorgeous my children were, which was REALLY nice to hear! Can't believe dd is 5 really, (old person statement coming up) it feels only yesterday that we were chatting on the August babies thread.

WideWebWitch Tue 05-Aug-08 09:04:33

Hello all

had lovely supper of

2 x mini dressed crabs
prawns
Austrian smoked cheese
quail eggs
Cava

and late night though as chatting to dh til midnight, never mind, had a lie in this morning and have only just got up.

Must look at those shops online, thanks for recommendations. Will let you know what I get.

L&S, good luck with the serious thinking. Sounds tough.

tortoiseSHELL Tue 05-Aug-08 09:55:30

www, can I just say that your food always sounds SO yummy! You obviously have a 'buying and cooking nice things' knack! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now