Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Short girls - when are heels ok / not ok?

(15 Posts)
sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 21:46:31

I tend to wear wedges or heels most days, but sometimes I feel a bit out of place at baby groups in them...
Is it ok to wear high shoes most of the time? Or are flats a must? (I just look so wiiiide when I wear flats...)

stretchmarkqueen Sat 02-Aug-08 21:50:27

Wear whatever is comfortable!! Not easy to run around after toddlers with heels!! <<flat on face!>>

stretchmarkqueen Sat 02-Aug-08 21:51:31

I meant, you with the heels, not the toddlers!!! (would be easy to chase a toddler with heels on!!!!) grin

paddingtonbear1 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:52:16

I would say it's really up to you, but it can't be that good for your feet to wear heels all the time? I'm only 5 ft tall but don't get on too well with heels (not practised enough maybe!) and only tend to wear them for special occasions. I would like to wear them more but I always go for my trusty adidas with jeans...

CuckooClockWorkShy Sat 02-Aug-08 21:53:05

I always wear some sort of heel. I'm constantly on the look out for shoes that will give me height, be easy to walk in, but not frumpy.......

Jeans tend to be too long on me unless I wear a heel, so it just pulls the outfit together for me.

sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 22:02:38

Cookoo, me too! Do you ever feel a bit overdressed in them though?
I find I get used to walking in them - but yes, I'm sure they're not good for us sad
I'm also always on the lookout for mid-height heels - not flats, not really high - but most like that are kind of frumpy

stretchmarkqueen Sat 02-Aug-08 22:04:02

Kitten heels??

JodieG1 Sat 02-Aug-08 22:05:38

I wear wedges a lot now and I like wearing heels too, I'm 5ft 3 but it has nothing to do with my height. I'm comfortable with how tall I am and I like it. I like wearing heels when I go out though and often during the day. Sometimes I wear flats, depends on my mood.

paddingtonbear1 Sat 02-Aug-08 22:06:15

actually I do have some wedges, quite high, and I love them but don't wear them often. Went in primark the other day with my friend and OMG! we could not believe the height of the shoes. I have wide feet which also makes it hard buying heels, I couldn't get my feet into any of the primark ones!!

OracleInaCoracle Sat 02-Aug-08 22:09:24

i hate heels. am 5'2" and always wear flats!

HonoriaGlossop Sat 02-Aug-08 22:36:23

Am 5'2. Can't wear heels - fall off 'em.

meep Sat 02-Aug-08 22:55:29

I'm 5' and prefer heels (but wear flats when I can't be arsed)

I bought a pair of "star spice" sandals from Clarks (website won't let you do a link - just search in the sandals bit). They look higher in the pic than they actually are - very comfy (and hopefully not frumpy!). Just the right length to stop my jeans dragging along the ground!

Aefondkiss Sat 02-Aug-08 23:05:02

I think shoes like the Fly yuna ones are good casual wedge style shoes, lots of round toed wedges look a lot like flats, when worn with trousers that hide most of the heel.

anything with a pointy toe and a stiletto is too dressy and not practical with toddlers imho.

I always used to wear heels, I am 5 ft at most, but I now wear mostly flats because I live in the middle of nowhere and do loads of cycling, I would wear heels if I could!

sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 23:05:19

hmm, they're ok meep...
the jean-dragging issue is one I face too!

MrsTicklemouse Sat 02-Aug-08 23:07:07

I'm 5'1 and always wear heels, but i totally understand where your coming from re toddler group, i sometimes feel so over dressed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now