Talk

Advanced search

When you go abroad for hols and it will be hot when you land but chilly here what do you travel in?

(11 Posts)
DrNortherner Sat 02-Aug-08 17:07:54

??????????????

lazaroulovesleggings Sat 02-Aug-08 17:10:35

It was such a long time ago since I had a holiday abroad, but I used to travel in jeans or cropped trousers, with a strappy vest and a cardigan or jumper.

LadyMuck Sat 02-Aug-08 17:27:11

Layers!

bigspender30 Sat 02-Aug-08 17:28:32

jeans,vest top and cardi. If you are travelling in the winter, you will need a coat as well obviously!

MatNanPlus Sat 02-Aug-08 17:31:27

dress like an onion. Have been known to wear thermal tights under lightweigh trousers and remove before landing.

trefusis Sat 02-Aug-08 17:33:19

Message withdrawn

Blondilocks Sun 03-Aug-08 19:24:36

I usually travel in jeans & skechers with a vest top & cardi & a jacket. I get really cold on the plane!

Usually have a pair of flip flops in my hand luggage & some cropped trousers or shorts to change into.

Hulababy Sun 03-Aug-08 19:44:14

I wear linen trousers, a t shirt type top and then carry a jacket with me.

PestoMonster Sun 03-Aug-08 19:55:48

Same as LadyMuck

Layers!!!!!!!!!

NotQuiteCockney Sun 03-Aug-08 20:04:49

As little as possible - put your coat in the checked luggage. I always find airplanes are too warm, anyway.

Well, I mean, like long shorts, trainers and a tshirt. Not a bikini!

suedonim Sun 03-Aug-08 20:33:32

I regularly travel from Scotland to the tropics and vice versa and I wear linen trousers and a T-shirt type top, with a fleece over that. Also socks, which can quickly be removed at destination. I take a pashmina in winter as landing at Heathrow at 5am on a December morning can be a bit chilly! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now