Talk

Advanced search

Tell me what you think of these dresses then - go on I'm feeling brave

(15 Posts)
whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 12:34:23

pink

red

The pink one would be worn for work lunches as we approach Christmas - you know the kind of dos that are likely to go on into the evening, but where I'll have been in the office until mid afternoon

The red one is for a work party (not black tie) where I'll be the only woman over 25. I like it because it's gives a nod towards a sexy party dress without being too revealing.

I'm 38, 5'6'' is and size 10 (in next anyway!) you can see from the chosen shops, that my shopping habits are not adventurous blush So what do we think?

whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 12:36:27

PS I'd have to either put a stich in the pink one, or wear a black slip under - I couldn't possiblt show that much cleavage, even if I had one grin

copingvquietly Sat 02-Aug-08 12:36:47

love the pink. but the red im not keen on.think its the flappy bit at the front putting me off.although very good for swishing!

DrNortherner Sat 02-Aug-08 12:37:30

I think they are both gorgeous. Partic the Boden one. I'm off to order it myslef!

oi Sat 02-Aug-08 12:44:12

i want to ask that boden model to turn round so I can see her from the front because I think it looks nice from the side but I think I'd need to see how tight that bit round the waist was first iyswim but as you're a size 10, I imagine your waist would be ok!

you'd have to wear something underneath it I think wouldn't you

I quite like the black. It's a good work dress I think, you're right <debates whether to order>

whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 12:49:19

oi - my waist is my best feature - that's one reason I like the dress, but I have no bust, so you're right I will definitely need something underneath.

Does anyone have experience of Boden's "extra fine merino wool" I usually find anything with wool in really itchy. Will this be different? When they say hand wash....?

oi Sat 02-Aug-08 12:51:57

oh what, I am EXACTLY the same. Was just pondering that but it says the skirt bit is lined and if you were wearing a slip underneath the top bit, the only potential for annoying itchiness would be the arms

traceybath Sat 02-Aug-08 13:08:27

Have ordered the boden one myself in black as thought it looked lovely!

whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 13:14:16

Is the general consensus that we like the Boden dress in black, but not so keen on the pink then? I thought it would make a change and that all back was a bit much for daytime?

traceybath Sat 02-Aug-08 13:16:50

i love the pink too - think pink perfect for xmas lunch parties.

oi Sat 02-Aug-08 13:18:41

I got the black because I'll wear it to work in autumn/winter I think. I'm fair and black looks ok on me.

I liked the pink but have too much pink I think, in fact, I liked the blue but don't have anything to go with it (shoe wise). I always end up plumping for black. V boring me!

butwhybutwhy Sat 02-Aug-08 13:21:35

I love the pink one (is it pink or purple?). Really lovely dress.

The red one I'm not too sure about.

whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 13:25:13

Oh good thank you. Oi- that's why I was going towards the pink, in a I'm determined not to get black again kind of way. Suppose I could get both.......No mustn't. Agree re blue as well. Blue suits me but navy shoes hmm

What do we think about shoes? I've got standard black heels, not unlike the ones the model's wearing, but could I wear knee high heeled boots do you think, or would I look like a prostitute?

whatdayisit Sat 02-Aug-08 13:25:16

Oh good thank you. Oi- that's why I was going towards the pink, in a I'm determined not to get black again kind of way. Suppose I could get both.......No mustn't. Agree re blue as well. Blue suits me but navy shoes hmm

What do we think about shoes? I've got standard black heels, not unlike the ones the model's wearing, but could I wear knee high heeled boots do you think, or would I look like a prostitute?

Spagblog Sat 02-Aug-08 13:28:50

Both gorgeous dresses, I like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now