Talk

Advanced search

What is the best product for defining curls?

(6 Posts)
auntypurple Sat 02-Aug-08 01:48:33

My hair has a natural kink, and I have been using vo5 mouse and vo5 spray to give it a nice curl. I use them on towel dry hair, just one or the other not both at the same time. They make my hair look dull, and feel crunchy. I am going on a rare night out on Saturday. Is there anything else I could try. TIA

ninedragons Sat 02-Aug-08 03:12:46

John Frieda serum is very good. You do only need the tiniest, tiniest bit. I use it on wet hair and let it air dry, but my hair is curly rather than kinky so that is just what works best for me.

FatBellyJones Sat 02-Aug-08 08:03:09

I've just discovered Samy Curl Constructor activitating mousse and and Samy Get Curls energising potion, about £3 each from superdrug and they are fab.. I use a bit of each after washing my hair and my curls are now nicely defined with no frizz, fantastic stuff

auntypurple Sat 02-Aug-08 10:02:01

Thank you for the replies. I will go out and look for them today.

TheMadHouse Sat 02-Aug-08 10:05:07

I got some lovley AVEDA be curly from a lovley mumsneter last year and it is fab. a little goes a long way

aquasea Sat 02-Aug-08 10:07:43

I have naturally curly hair and loved the pink curl jelly by Umberto Gianinni (I think that's who it's by...you get it from Boots) I used to put it on soaking wet hair and either dry with a diffuser or naturally. Perfect, glossy, bouncy curls with no frizz, crispiness or dullness. You can't get it here in Australia though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now