Talk

Advanced search

ok never thought id post in this section but...

(9 Posts)
mankymummy Fri 01-Aug-08 19:48:34

how do i know what shape to pluck my eyebrows to?

i really need to pluck otherwise i'd be scary mono brow but never know how to shape...

any ideas?

traceybath Fri 01-Aug-08 19:51:52

to be honest i'd go and get them done professionally - costs very little (less than £10) and you can then keep them tidy in the same shape afterwards.

yama Fri 01-Aug-08 19:51:59

Go to a salon. I went to a department store once and then have just copied what they did ever since (bout 13 years).

I don't think it costs much.

southeastastra Fri 01-Aug-08 19:53:10

Madonna's daughter Lourdes has a unibrow.
---
I'm not surprised. In her house, only Madonna is allowed to have two of anything.

mankymummy Fri 01-Aug-08 20:28:15

er... thanks for the advice re professional plucking hmm but i only have TONIGHT to work out what to do for my big day tomorrow !

H E L P ! ! !

yama Fri 01-Aug-08 22:03:58

DO NOT ever pluck above the eyebrow. I think I saw that on Gok or something.

Look at your eyebrows, there will be a natural arch. Just gently pluck all stray hairs underneath this arch. No need to go overboard.

I've read that it's best to do this after a shower as pores will be open but I rarely do.

Please remember that you never actually notice anyone's eyebrows, do you. A bit of gentle plucking and you'll be fine.

What's the event?

traceybath Fri 01-Aug-08 22:09:19

In that case do just the minimum to tidy up.

Don't take too much away from the inside bit - think i remember reading you should hold a make up brush or pencil against your nose (wide bit at bottom) in a straight line and use that as a guide as to where eyebrows should start.

Go for a gentle arch but don't over pluck. Do a little bit on both sides - don't totally do one and then the other as easy to over pluck this way.

Good luck smile

S1ur Fri 01-Aug-08 22:09:31

volia If in doubt youtube

S1ur Fri 01-Aug-08 22:13:13

or look at youtube veteren Michellephan though something about her makes me want to say yah boo sucks and blow raspberries very childishly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now