Talk

Advanced search

My Boden Order has arrived- feedback!!!

(49 Posts)
girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 10:26:42

*Spotty coat- don't. Too spotty and very thin material- won't keep you warm. Generous sizing- I am between 8-10- got 8- ample.
*Chunky Marl Cardigan- shapeless but warm- returning.
*Cashmere cropped cardi- divine colour ( pale blue) but too short even though I measured- could only be worn over dress. Nice quality though - thickish cash
*Favoutie V neck cardi- fine- keeping one colour, ordered 2 to choose.
*Trousers- weekend trousers- es- nice fit.
*Trousers- studio trousers- yes. however, these are much tighter round waist (need to lose muffin top) than weekend trouser- and also slightly lower rise- despite both being called "Below waist".

cornsilk Fri 01-Aug-08 10:30:58

(goes to check out boden)

traceybath Fri 01-Aug-08 11:09:19

i got the cropped cashmere cardigan from the summer range and wear it over camisole type tops (kate moss one from top shop or bodas ones) and it looks very nice.

FluffyMummy123 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:18:51

Message withdrawn

ahundredtimes Fri 01-Aug-08 11:20:59

I ordered the studio trousers, I missed the bit about 'below waist' though.

They sent me an email saying your delivery is on the way. I ordered loads. I'd quite forgotten about it.

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 13:00:14

weekend trousers- granny trews - oh dearsad

I am easily old enough to be a granny but....

Really? anyone else?

They are very comfy- def. granny trews! seriously, I think they look okay.

Flightputsonahat Fri 01-Aug-08 13:04:34

Not the spotty mac was it? sad

Mind you mine is on a 3 week wait I think.
They have despatched the rest..

Flightputsonahat Fri 01-Aug-08 13:06:49

Oh the spot coat - I see - that's a shame it wasn't any good, it looks gorgeous doesn't it.

Thanks for the reviews btw! Will add mine when it arrives.

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 13:07:12

no - 'twas the spotty coat.
cropped cash cardigan- ooh you have got me puzzled now- keep it to wear over camis- will have another try on, cos the colour is brilliant for me- or swap for the V neck cash sweater?

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 13:27:21

The Weekend trews are going back- they are ok but not worth almost £50- look a bit M&S jeans style, tbh.

The Studio trews are great- just need to lose 2lbs so I don't have to constantly breathe in.

The cashmere cardi is sadly going back- I am too old to wear it so cropped, but if you are under 35 you will get away with it!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:30:20

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Fri 01-Aug-08 13:33:56

When did you order GND?

I ordered something on Wednesday night and was hoping it would arrive by the weekend.

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 14:14:05

I ordered ages ago when it was 20% off smile

However, I also ordered the double layer T shirt in sale 2 days back and have been emailed to say it is on its way.

seems to be taking 2 days from when they email to say it's coming.......

cod- they are def. going back- they are ok, but not worth that ££££££££s.

InLoveWithSweeneyTodd Fri 01-Aug-08 14:41:15

hmm, i've been browsing the site and I like this season's dresses A LOT.
I have never bought from Boden before though.
<excited>

SilentTerror Fri 01-Aug-08 18:24:11

GND,what material are the weekend trousers,are they soft stretchy cotton or hard,ifyswim?
Bought spme similar trousers in last winter's Boden sale and they were awful,sort of textured material but awful.
I usually like thwe wideleg style and am awaiting my order with 'mooching trousers' enclosed!

Whizzz Fri 01-Aug-08 18:29:10

I was very happy with the 3 (!) washed tie back tops I got!! I thought one colour was low stock so I wouldn't get actually get it - but I did!!

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 18:29:30

Hi
The weekend trousers are medium texture I'd say- they are a bit like canvas but not quite so hard. They are definitely not thin/soft cotton.
They do have top stitching up the side leg seams which make them like jeans, but they aren't jeans iyswim! They also have quite a high rise- although they are supposedly below waist, they are JUST.
The studio trs though are very soft.

I was wondering what the mooching trs were like!

ColumboJumbo Fri 01-Aug-08 18:50:41

I thought most of the stuff looked horrid this year, but I realise its because they used a horribly too thin model for most of it and it hangs off her and looks cheap.

girlnextdoor Fri 01-Aug-08 18:53:17

there are also lots of smiling kids in the photos too-def. going for the yummy mummy punters!

SilentTerror Fri 01-Aug-08 19:07:52

Whizz,I got 3 tie back tops also,navy,ivory and thistle.Like then alot.
GND,thanks for that,will let you know re mooching trousers,have always bought a pair of the ir velvet wideleg things every year so we will see!
Hope they come tomorrow!

SilentTerror Sat 02-Aug-08 19:21:19

Girlnextdoor,it arrived today
Mooching trousers-very nice,soft,wide leg style.Will keep,poss also get green colour.
Velvet blazer in Prune-again,really like.
'Odette' dress in purple-really pleases with this,looks great.Shape is nice,fitted over bust with skirt that falls nicely.Glad I got purple,not sure about other colours!

girlnextdoor Sat 02-Aug-08 19:24:57

are the mooching trews worth the money- they seemed a tad pricey tome?

sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 19:28:09

I don't GET Boden. I just don't get it. I'm 26 - am I too young to get it? The catalogue looks pretty, but I just look at the clothes and think 'eh?'
What am I missing?

SilentTerror Sat 02-Aug-08 19:31:15

Are pricy,but ordered with the discount so 20% off,made thembetter!
I never see trousers anywhere else that I like,other than Monsoon and occasionally Principles or Autograph.
Have bought a velvet slouchy pair from Boden for past few years and all are still going strong!

sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 19:33:45

Silent, I'm sure you look absolutely fab in your trousers, but I look at pics like this and think 'eh??!!?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now