Talk

Advanced search

so what do you think to women that wear no make up?

(272 Posts)
lovelysongbird Thu 31-Jul-08 20:10:56

after reading a few threads on here its got me thinking,
if people can't stand to see other or children in certain clothes what do they think about non make up wearing women?

lovelysongbird Thu 31-Jul-08 20:11:56

im guessing some will think brave confident woman, and others will think they could make more of an effort ?

chelsygirl Thu 31-Jul-08 20:12:29

its not that people can't stand to see children in certain clothes, its just that you feel sorry for the poor buggers as you can imagine the flak they must get from their peers

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 20:13:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nancy75 Thu 31-Jul-08 20:13:25

i dont wear make up

ExterminAitch Thu 31-Jul-08 20:13:28

some people really don't need it at all. some do. those who do, should, imo. grin

hatwoman Thu 31-Jul-08 20:14:08

I am, increasingly, a non-make-up wearer. I haven't got time to faff about everytime I leave the house. I wear it for meetings - both work and social, but everyday, school run, shops, taking dds places and working at home, no. gives me a shock sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself but I just can;t be bothered anymore.I will watch this thread with interest.

JonahTakalua Thu 31-Jul-08 20:14:39

My mother has never worn make up.
She has beautiful skin, and looks at least ten years younger than her actual age.

I, on the other hand, need all the help I can get. grin

GooseyLoosey Thu 31-Jul-08 20:15:03

I rarely wear it too. I am not quite clear why I would want to. I look the way I look as do all of my male colleagues, I have no intention of painting my face to compete with them.

cyteen Thu 31-Jul-08 20:15:10

I barely ever wear make up - only when I'm going out. But then I am a terrible slattern with woolly hair who perhaps should care more what I look like grin

ByTheSea Thu 31-Jul-08 20:17:07

Since being a SAHM, I hardly wear make-up. I only bother when I'm going out in the evening, tbh. Most people say my skin looks much younger than it is, but I've been pretty diligent with my morning cleanse, tone and moisturise routine for many years.

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 20:17:58

Eowyn Thu 31-Jul-08 20:19:32

whenever I wear less or no make up people ask me if I'm ill.
Think I was born to wear it. Good really as I love red lipstick.
If you look good without it that's great tho.

ExterminAitch Thu 31-Jul-08 20:19:43

lol at lapin. yes, you are a goddess... grin

how's ds doing? all well i hope.

Quattrocento Thu 31-Jul-08 20:19:52

<planetary problem alert>

I wear no make-up. This is not odd behaviour btw. Many women do it.

Are you one of those unfortunates who has to ply it on with a trowel before going out?

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 20:20:46

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 20:21:03

ExterminAitch Thu 31-Jul-08 20:21:25

<pities quattro>

is lipstick very expensive where you live, dear?

[patronising] wink

peachygirl Thu 31-Jul-08 20:21:44

I don't wear make up either.

Every so often I wonder if I should, as I am probably a grown up now.

DeeRiguer Thu 31-Jul-08 20:21:50

LL, do you use hedge and shoulders? grin

dont think about it these days skin healthy slightly tanned not peely wally
mascara and eyebrown pencil and lippy
full works just for the novelty on rare nights out ..

ExterminAitch Thu 31-Jul-08 20:22:29

oh good, dd's still on and off cos of her chickenpops. refusing chicken, quite sensibly. grin

JackieNo Thu 31-Jul-08 20:22:47

Not sure I'd particularly notice. I do notice if people are wearing particularly good or bad makeup though.

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 20:23:43

ExterminAitch Thu 31-Jul-08 20:23:54

i'd love not to wear makeup. my skin just isn't very good, though. those bare minerals are handy for a quick dust of coverage.

hatwoman Thu 31-Jul-08 20:23:58

littlelapin - I am of the non hair-drying variety too. I look fab with my frizzy hair, (dh adds: esp when she tucks it behind her ears) or scraped back hair, my bare face (now complete with scar over my eye) and my can't be arsed clothing. I'm just a raddled old hag grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now