Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

shirts on small boys ....

(94 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 31-Jul-08 14:09:07

ok so like many of you i don't like shirts with collars on young boys. but i just spotted this and thought it was okish. what do you think?

nappyaddict Thu 31-Jul-08 14:12:05

or possibly this

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:12:54

fgs, is there nothing the MN jury doesn't judge on? hmm

what the hell is wrong with shirts on little boys? ds has aload that somebody gave him and he looks damn cute in them!

(ok so he'd probably look even cuter if i bothered to iron them wink)

EffiePerine Thu 31-Jul-08 14:13:30

needs ironing

nope

EffiePerine Thu 31-Jul-08 14:14:13

x-post PT grin

DS looks v cute in his shirts (21mo) and no I don't iron them...

ThatBigGermanPrison Thu 31-Jul-08 14:14:22

I don't like shirts on small children because they're a bitch to iron! Saying that, ds1 loves his, but he's 5 now, and not so small.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 31-Jul-08 14:15:17

nope, not keen - don't like boys looking like mini men ( or girls looking like mini tarts)

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:18:57

ds's shirts don't make him look like a mini man hmm

mostly cause he's barely 2 and has a big chubby baby face, lol

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:22:19

plus, and this is the most important reason, ds loves his shirts. he gets really excited about wearing them because they have buttons... loves them almost as much as his orange t-shirt.

if i could just find and orange shirt for him he'd be in heaven grin

funnypeculiar Thu 31-Jul-08 14:22:26

Eh? Mini-men?
I mean I can see having an objection to a structured smart shirt (fussy, uncomfy) but do people object to bog standard informal shirt comme ca?

Like your first one best, btw nappyaddict, but my opinion may be tainted wink

ChopsTheDuck Thu 31-Jul-08 14:23:08

those are lovely.

My younger two wear shirts a lot, dt1 loves his. Ours mostly from gap in a slightly crinkley fabric that doesn't need ironing. I think once they are walking it is fine, I wouldnt put a crawling baby in one as they can be slightly restrictive.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 31-Jul-08 14:25:23

no, don't like that either - I don't like men in casual short sleeved shirts, so that might explain my irrational dislike smile

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:26:44

btw nappyaddict.... the la redoute one is lovely... have bookmarked it for ds wink

nappyaddict Thu 31-Jul-08 14:28:16

PT - how old is ds? i have an orange and red striped shirt that ds has grown out of.

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:28:25

hmm MAS.... so you don't like little boys in shirts that look like a mans shirt but you don't like that shirt because you wouldn't like it on a man [head explodes]

Pruners Thu 31-Jul-08 14:30:22

Message withdrawn

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 31-Jul-08 14:30:30

yes, I don't like them on a man or a child !

Thefearlessfreak Thu 31-Jul-08 14:31:21

first one is actually lovely.
I don't like shirts on boys normally. Or tank tops. Bleugh.

Pruners Thu 31-Jul-08 14:31:35

Message withdrawn

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 31-Jul-08 14:31:41

it's just something I don't happen to like - I am not keen on lots of clothes for children come to think of it...

nappyaddict Thu 31-Jul-08 14:32:07

is that cos you don't like tank tops on men either wink

nappyaddict Thu 31-Jul-08 14:32:09

is that cos you don't like tank tops on men either wink

Jackstini Thu 31-Jul-08 14:32:16

Think normal shirts look cute on little boys.
Not sure about mandarin collars tbh - seems more 'grown up' than a standard casual shirt - sorry Nappy blush

PinkTulips Thu 31-Jul-08 14:32:20

he's 2 (since monday). he's qite tall and well built though so most of the clothes he's wearing now have barely been grown out of by my friends 3.5 year old boy (i haven't bought clothes in months as she's gives us so much stuff!)

meemar Thu 31-Jul-08 14:32:37

Unless you go for something with a slogan or child's character on it any boys top is going to be a mini version of a man's top.

DS1 is currently wearing a yellow striped polo shirt - if it was 10 sizes bigger it wouldn't look out of place on DH.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: