Talk

Advanced search

Oily skin

(7 Posts)
branflake81 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:25:51

Can anyone recommed anything for oily skin (please, not expensive, ie no more than a tenner, pref under a fiver)?

I use clean and clear at the moment but after a few hours my skin just feels really gross again and all sticky.

beautyscientist Wed 06-Aug-08 09:23:11

One thing that might be worth a try is olive oil. It probably sounds a bit odd, but it might work and won't cost much to try. Simply put a bit of oil on some cotton wool and cleanse your face with it.

The theory is that it cleans off the oily sebum from the skin but leaves a light oil behind so your glands aren't stimulated to produce more.

It doesn't work for everyone but some people have told me it worked wonders for them.

Twinkie1 Wed 06-Aug-08 09:31:47

You are stripping so much oil from your skin that it is working overtime to put it back - that is why your skin feels oily again so soon afterwards - just use a very light fragrance free non medicated face wash.

Jelliebaby Wed 06-Aug-08 20:14:37

My doctor advised me to just use soap. I usually use Dove and I usually put moisturiser just round my eye area.

triffictits Wed 06-Aug-08 21:51:33

i have this problem too and have tried every product out there and nothing helps!

Somebody on here did tell me that aquaeous lotion would be good - I havent tried it yet, as all the reviews say its for dry skin, so not sure if its any good or not. The MNer said it works for her though.

Will watch this thread!

Greedygirl Wed 06-Aug-08 21:59:52

This is perhaps a bit drastic but I used to have really greasy skin then I went on Dianette (contraceptive pill) and it was like I had all the oil sucked out of me overnight! But obviously I'm not recommending you use medication, only if you are on the pill anyway, is worth considering. The other thing I use is some mattifying lotion but it is Lancome and quite expensive but it lasts for at least a year.

beautyscientist Tue 12-Aug-08 15:04:11

Any feedback on what you have tried and how it worked Mrs Flake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now