Talk

Advanced search

I need a frivolous chat. What are your favourite accessories in your wardrobe?

(20 Posts)
maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 20:46:06

1. Thin bronze leather belt

2. Large chunky wooden beads

3. Huge black fabric brooch with bits all over it. Sounds vile but jazzes up anything.

Oh, and cocktail rings.

Et vous?

Slouchy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:49:31

Handbags...so many

Currently I love best
my DKNY one
a pale turquoise one
a red one
a pink cord one

Actually, I may need more...

Califrau Wed 30-Jul-08 20:50:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 20:50:56

See, I don't really do handbags. I'm more a pin it on your top or sling it round your neck kind of girl.

cthea Wed 30-Jul-08 20:51:37

Much rolling of eyes but for me it's a couple of ... breastfeeding necklaces. They are pretty, match lots of thing, and I can wear them with DCs around.

maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 20:52:11

breastfeeding necklaces? Heh?

cthea Wed 30-Jul-08 20:56:25

Wanky sounding, I know, I know here but nobody else need know what you're wearing. Just a piece of cheerful child-proof plastic.

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 21:03:27

mine is a black scarf with a skull motif all over it - adds a touch of rock to my skinny jeans, tailored jacket and stripey tee combo.

My huge black obsidian ring that I bought in Chile many moons ago

My slouchy designer leather handbag

my Tiffany diamond studs (pressie from dh)

my charm bracelet that used to be my mum's _ I loved it when I was a kid and she gave it to me on my dd's first b'day

are we talking shoes too?

maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 21:12:08

Star, yes of course shoes. Always shoes.

And cthea, me likey! Especially the greeny ones. Do you have to be breastfeeding to wear one? grin

Califrau Wed 30-Jul-08 21:18:58

cthea Wed 30-Jul-08 21:19:19

Yes, I'm sure the necklace police will be rummaging through your cleavage They are nice and well priced, considering you wear them and they last. They come in other materials too (not just plastic) and they look even better.

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 21:21:01

okay then

my 5-inch black satin Louboutins
my white havaianas
my fur-lined brown leather knee-high boots

Bought a pair of Jimmy Choos today, too early to tell if they will be a fave, but I suspect they will since they make my legs look like Naomi Campbell's (well, almost)

JackieNo Wed 30-Jul-08 21:23:26

Currently my long silver(ish) star/sun pendant on a long black cord (£2.99 from the Oxfam shopgrin)
My Georg Jensen 'Magic' ring (present from DH)
For winter, my Duo boots (only ones I can get to fit over my mahoosive calves). I'm looking forward to being able to wear boots again.
My brown suede kitten heeled ballet-style shoes (£5 bargain).

I'm not good with handbags. For me, a handbag is for life, not just for an outfit. If I try to use more than one at any given time, I'm likely to not have the bits I want, when I need them. So I stick with one handbag till I get really fed up with it/it falls apart. So shoot megrin. I know Cod willwink.

TheFallenMadonna Wed 30-Jul-08 21:26:59

Dangly earrings made by someone in the village.

Brown leather messenger bag.

Brown leather satchel for work.

Silver wedges

And in this hot weather my silver birkenstocks blush

BluePoppy Wed 30-Jul-08 21:29:01

Jeans...sadly

Wish I could be elegant and wear lots of lovely jewellery but feel it would all be pulled off...

Currently

A large lightweight pink stripy scarf

A turquoise and silver bracelet

And my buff. grin

Currently

A large lightweight pink stripy scarf

A turquoise and silver bracelet

And my buff. grin

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 21:35:22

I'm with you Califrau - feel really bad that I kicked up a big stink about wanting a pair of square blue stone studs to match engagement ring and I have worn them, what, twice? blush as I never take the diamonds out. Poor dh.

Califrau Thu 31-Jul-08 18:38:26

expatinscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 18:40:23

my costume jewellry.

my scarves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now