Talk

Advanced search

London-based hair wizard required

(10 Posts)
herbaceous Wed 30-Jul-08 12:06:43

Hello ladies.

May I pick your brains? I've got to have my photo taken on Monday, which will be published every month for time immemorial. My hair therefore needs to be wicked. However, at the moment it is a vile, grown-out mess.

Thus, I'm looking for a London hairdresser (preferably central, north or east) that can be relied on to do a good, flattering, quite groovy, yet not mutton-as-lamb, cut on this 42-year-old. I'm thinking of one of those new-fangled blunt bobs the celebs are going for, but don't want to risk it going too short, as there'll be no time to grow it before the photo!

I'm willing to shell out, as this is something of a one-off!

hanaflower Wed 30-Jul-08 12:13:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTiddles Wed 30-Jul-08 12:15:02

Just ask for the creative director at your nearest Toni and Guy or Vidal Sassoon. They often have celebrity clients and can do an excellent one off cut. (£65-80)

Or Sarah at Jo Hansford near Bond St (£100?) is a really good stylist.

blithedance Wed 30-Jul-08 23:22:13

Would recommend Andrew Jose in Charlotte Street. The man himself is rather pricey but the more senior stylists should do a pretty competent job.

AJ cut my hair once on a quiet day in the salon, it was seriously the best haircut I've ever had in my life and definitely met your criteria.

RuffleTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 23:25:14

my sis works at a lovely salon in stokey called Shine Holistic, on church st. shes still learning to cut, but is v good imo... but can def recommend who is best in the salon should you ask her too (she is achingly wicked in appearance, my sister.)

twinsetandpearls Wed 30-Jul-08 23:28:25

M AND M hair academy in Ealing These did the best cut and colour I have ever had.

staffords equalled it in Soho

herbaceous Thu 31-Jul-08 09:30:50

Gah! Before all the answers of last night, I came over all random and booked a cut at Taylor Taylor in Shoreditch, which got lots of good reviews elsewhere. Thanks for all the suggestions, though. Hopefully someone else can make use of them!

RuffleTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 11:44:23

well i hope you FABulous dahhhling smilesmile

RuffleTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 11:44:46

doh! look fabulous, obv <rolls eyes>

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 11:47:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now