Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way to stretch shoes ?

(11 Posts)
whatdayisit Tue 29-Jul-08 17:30:09

I have a fairly ordinary pair of black leather ballet pump(ish) shoes from Nine West. Considering how boring they sound, I really like them, the sort of shoes that ought to be really useful, but they're half a size too small and start to pinch quite quickly. Is there anything I can do? I've tried putting up with pain and wearing them for quite long periods in the hope that my feet will do the job, but it hasn't helped.

RTKangaMummy Tue 29-Jul-08 17:39:17

U can buy strectchers that do the job

If they are leather then try wet newspaper rammed inside

TurkeyLurkey Tue 29-Jul-08 17:48:45

I saw a spray in a cobblers the other day that streched shoes.

TurkeyLurkey Tue 29-Jul-08 17:50:03

Some free tips on how to stretch your shoes here

Loving the potato one!

crockodilerock Tue 29-Jul-08 20:44:03

Clarks do a shoe stretching spray. It got my size 8 feet into a size 7 pair of boots...

southeastastra Tue 29-Jul-08 20:46:11

i have some the sound similar and they gave me awful blisters and i really want to wear them!

i might try rubbish vaseline into the hard bits to soften the leather, i remember it worked years ago or try them about the house with socks on

whatdayisit Tue 29-Jul-08 21:10:16

Wow thanks for those, given me lots of things to try anyway.

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Tue 29-Jul-08 21:15:23

Stand on the head of a broom and drag the shoe along the inside of the shoe - I would try this in conjuction with the stretching spray.

(This is what we used to do in K shoe shop)

whatdayisit Tue 29-Jul-08 21:23:33

Margo - it's been a long day, but I don't understand a word of that smile

thebecster Tue 29-Jul-08 21:28:34

I use the Clarks stretching spray, put thick socks on & wear around the house to stretch my shoes. It works but I look like a fool in my sparkly evening shoes with thick white sports socks while sitting at the computer...

My Mum has the best system I ever heard - she has a friend with a very high pain threshold and the same size feet, and her friend beds all Mum's new shoes in for her so they're nice & comfy. Seriously. My Mum is a genius at getting people to do things for her. If there were a nobel prize for the science of being treated like a princess by all who cross her path she'd win it.

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Wed 30-Jul-08 21:14:11

whatdayisit - I've just re-read it and it doesn't make sense at all!

Let's see if I can do any better today...

Stand on the head of a broom and drag the top of the broom handle along the inside of the shoe.

Sorry blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now