Talk

Advanced search

what bhas been your best evere value for money item of clothing for your kids???

(39 Posts)
MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 15:13:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

A pair of shorts from tesco sale for ds £1.50 3 summers ago, and he's wearing them today.

lilyloo Tue 29-Jul-08 15:16:51

Do shoes count ?
If so definately crocs we are on our second summer with them now and they are never off!
Will hand them down to cousins when they no longer fit.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 15:19:03

filthymindedvixen Tue 29-Jul-08 15:19:38

er not sure these count but £10 shorty wetsuits about 5 years ago. They live in them in the summer, they can staty in sea/river etc for hours and hours without shivering, , they just stretch and stretch to accomodate, you don't have to worry about burning shoukders/back and they look cool little surfery dudes.

Other than that, gap boys combat trousers with adjustable waists have lived through 3 7-9 year old boys, have neer gone through at knees and still look fine|!

tiredemma Tue 29-Jul-08 15:19:59

Gap shorts (cargo type), originally brought for ds1 when he was 4, now ds2 is in them. Brought them about 4 years ago.

They are fab.

Love Gap- we went shopping last night and got lots of fab stuff in the sale for the boys.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 15:20:38

Fimbo Tue 29-Jul-08 15:21:29

Without at doubt white cropped jeans from Gymboree with applique frogs/lily pads on them at the bottom. I think she had them for about 3 summers. They have been passed on to my niece. Washed and washed and washed. Didn't matter how filthy they got. They were about £8 iirc.

Practically the same post as Malory!!! smile

Ds probably Quiksilver trunks from TK Maxx for 75p and oh and his Doodles in the JL sale for £6.50 - they can be washed in the machine.

Ceolas Tue 29-Jul-08 15:21:36

Bought a cord coat from Vertbaudet for £22. DD2 wore it 2 winters. Sold it on ebay for £18!

Frizbe Tue 29-Jul-08 15:21:41

£7.00 skirt in Debenhams sale, long, blue and covered in butterflies, brought when dd1 was 3, it was slightly big on waist, but she's been wearing it for 2 years nearly now smile

filthymindedvixen Tue 29-Jul-08 15:23:52

we have a cheapy shop called Home Bargains which stocks them for a tenner - at that price I don't mind being top of feeding chain!
as i said, still going strong and i have a waiting list of people anxious to inherit htem grin my 8 year ols is still in the age 5-7 yr-old ones and started wearing it when he was 4...The 10.5 year old one only grew out of the 6-9 year-old one this year and now has a 9-11 one which hopefuly will see him through til his teens wink

MrsBadger Tue 29-Jul-08 16:02:56

1. that Boden cotton cardi with the duck on the back
allegedly 3-6m
was given it when dd was born and she wore it constantly till about 12m as it got baggier and baggier due to not being handwashed grin

2. Osh Kosh dungarees. Now on their third child and as good as new, about to be handed to the fourth.

dd was given those applique dragonfly jeans but big nappies meant the 12-18m ones fitted for approx 6wks when she was 4m hmm

RubySlippers Tue 29-Jul-08 16:05:36

osh kosh rocks - DS had 2 pairs of dunagrees

also, all the Miniman hand me downs he has from his cousin (8 years old and still IMMACULATE - thank you Lulumama smile)

sagacious Tue 29-Jul-08 16:06:40

Boden stripy towelling hoodie
Now 3rd hand

TigerFeet Tue 29-Jul-08 16:07:28

crocalikes

cost me £4 and they have done dd for two summers

her feet have only grown one size since last year so she didn't need new ones this year, they were still fine until very recently

I also have a pair of 18/24mo trousers that look fab as mid calf length trews on a 3yo and as crops on a 4yo so have done 3 summers now. I might get another summer out of them too.

JRocks Tue 29-Jul-08 16:09:15

A pair of 6-9 month jeans from Tesco - DS is wearing them as cropped jeans now at 2.8!

2loudboys Tue 29-Jul-08 16:18:43

Pair of Gap jeans for ds2, which I bought on sale when he was 2.5. Got near constant wear out of them for over a year (remember the weather last summer wink). This spring I made them into cut-off shorts with frayed edge & he looks so cute in them - reminds me of home (Australia).

Fadge Tue 29-Jul-08 16:19:21

oshkosh dungarees - they've been round the whole family and ten yrs or more on are still looking gooooooooood

EachPeachPearMum Wed 30-Jul-08 11:02:31

White Company stripey towelling Robe- used every day, washes and dries like a dream. Very thick and fluffy....
Oh and it was £1.50 plus £2.50 postage from ebay- an absolute bargain!
DD had one 9-18mo, and was outgrowing hers. The ones they sell now are not a patch on the stripey ones for quality, they are really thin, so I bought 2nd hand on purpose.

witchandchips Wed 30-Jul-08 11:04:26

re-usable little floaties swim nappies. purchased when lo was 3 months + still used once a week over 3 years later.

Swedes Wed 30-Jul-08 12:24:03

Agatha Ruiz de La Prada red velvet coat with fuschia felt star buttons. DD wore it for 2 winters. I bought it for £9.99 at TK Maxx.

<very sadly outgrown>

Jewelsandgems Wed 30-Jul-08 12:51:22

All of DDs gap jeans - bought some when she was 12 months and she wears them as skinny crops now.

A green monsoon cardi with a pink flower and little dainty buttons. She wore it when sh was 1 and now she wears it as a shrunken 3/4 sleeve little cardi and it looks so cute.

To be honest, every single thing I have bought from Gap has lasted for ages, washes well and springs back into shape, and the colours don't fade. It is very rare I buy her clothes from anywhere else now.

pootleflump Wed 30-Jul-08 12:58:05

Pink Boden duffle coat bought for £10 at Boden sale and on it's 3rd year of use.

butwhybutwhy Wed 30-Jul-08 13:00:24

I remember buying loads of summer bits from H&M when dd was 18 months.
Theres a couple of skirts and a dress.

They still fit her now and she will be 5 in October.

MsDemeanor Wed 30-Jul-08 13:01:45

Gorgeous pink smocked party dress, originally hugely expensive but bought second hand. Has been worn and worn for more than two years now, getting shorter and shorter. It's dd's favourite thing ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now