Talk

Advanced search

am NOT jughing here AT ALL.just a staright forward question i have been wondering about////

(52 Posts)
MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 14:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 29-Jul-08 14:14:27

They wear socks with trainers/shoes/wellies and not with sandals. On a hot day I encourage sandals, but not always appropriate for football etc.

DarrellRivers Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:02

No
We have strict dress codes currently
No trousers
DD will only wear a dresss or a skirt
DS only shorts
And no socks ever, no jumpers either.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:11

dd2 has socks put on every morning...she takes them straight off. At nursery she does the same, when we pick her up the staff have a little heap of all the baby's socks ready to be put back on! (she is 11 months)

dd1 (4) hates socks, but her feet swell and obv get sweaty if she wears trainers or sandals without if she is walking a lot. So at home, generally no socks (prefers cheap "flipper flops" At nursery yes usually.

Marina Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:11

Dd no, has been in open-toed sandals, or barefoot, since May half-term. Will wear socks when in leather shoes that require them.
Ds has inherited dh's sandal-refusenik gene and is living in socks and various trainers this summer. His loss but also his choice. He is nine so am not going to argue with him.

tiredemma Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:23

with sandals obv no.

with trainers, yes or else their lovely little pinkies get swollen and sweaty.

( i have boys though)

DarrellRivers Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:34

PS these rules obviously made by my children

Porpoise Tue 29-Jul-08 14:15:40

No <pales at thought of trying to make them>

But their sandals are a bit whiffy...

Songbird Tue 29-Jul-08 14:16:44

I tend not to put socks on dd in summer, unless she's wearing wellies. She lives in Doodles or sandals, and Doodles go in the wash if and when they get a bit whiffy. DD's 3yo btw.

DrNortherner Tue 29-Jul-08 14:17:45

Socks with trainers/pumps. No socks with sandals.

fishie Tue 29-Jul-08 14:18:24

yes with crocs. he lies on floor and screams otherwise, is laundry nightmare they get filthy. (he is 3)

stitch Tue 29-Jul-08 14:18:27

its healthier for feet to be wearing socks and breathable shoes, such as leather ones. or if sandals, again, a breathable sole.
plastic jellies etc, without socks, are one of the worst possible things to put innocent baby feet into

Porpoise Tue 29-Jul-08 14:18:39

but, left his own devices, ds2 (8) will accessorise (hideously mismatched) shorts and t-shirt with woolly ankle socks hmm

motherinferior Tue 29-Jul-08 14:20:11

They have been known to wear socks with their sandals and jeans, yes. Including for schools.

I remonstrate, but frankly it's not going to hurt them, and life has other things to worry me.

SqueakyPop Tue 29-Jul-08 14:22:40

No socks.

They barely wear shoes, tbh (pardon the pun, but both meanings are true).

Tigerschick Tue 29-Jul-08 14:26:38

Oddly, dd does wear socks with her sandals, if she is going to be doing a lot of walking, as the strap across the ankle rubs otherwise.
She doesn't have trainers at the moment; she has sort of mesh-sided/trainer-bottomed things that I got from Asda which she doesn't wear with socks.
She hardly wears her 'proper' shoes but she does have socks on if she's wearing them.
Mostly she is bare foot tho.
She's 2.4.

cheesesarnie Tue 29-Jul-08 14:29:22

depends what theyre doing ,what shoes theyre wearing.sandals=no socks.wellies or trainers=socks.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 14:29:56

brimfull Tue 29-Jul-08 14:31:38

ds loves socks

he tries to wear them to bed

doesn't wear with sandals but then again he hates wearing his sandals

wrinklytum Tue 29-Jul-08 14:33:59

DS doesn't.

DD has to under her AFO's.

Kbear Tue 29-Jul-08 14:36:44

If we're walking any distance always socks with trainers or when they're hot they get blisters

Mostly flip flips and crocs though for both of them

LynetteScavo Tue 29-Jul-08 14:36:51

DS1 and DD always wear socks,(except with crocks) but DS2 doesn't - but then he didn't wear socks with his school shoes all last winter hmm

MrsBadger Tue 29-Jul-08 14:58:21

but onepieceoflollipop why bother even putting socks on an 11mo?

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Tue 29-Jul-08 14:58:38

TwoWashTutter Tue 29-Jul-08 14:59:34

ds1 refuses to wear sandals/crocs/birkies (despite me having spent £££ on all of the above)

he wears converse-type pumps with socks

but he's only 3yo so still looks cute rather than stupid

i think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now