Talk

Advanced search

Bras

(17 Posts)
Mikafan Tue 29-Jul-08 09:40:10

This may seem like a silly question but can someone tell me when you'd where a patterned/embrossed bra? I've always stuck to very plain bras but I've just stopped BF my 15 month DD and want to wear some prettier bras but don't know when I could wear them i.e. under t-shirts you'd be able to see lumps/pattern so when would you wear a pretty/lacy bra? Also what is it acceptable to be able to see of your bra. I know when I was younger (I'm 40) you didn't let people see your bra straps but that seems to be acceptable nowdays. Also the top of the cup of a bra, is that ok? Again, apologies if these are silly questions blush

nailpolish Tue 29-Jul-08 09:41:33

i never wear black, white or plain bras

all my bras are coloured - red, pink, green, multicoloured - and patterned

and they dotn show through t shirts or such like

go for it!

Mikafan Tue 29-Jul-08 09:44:50

Thanks Nailpolish but I did wear a pink and black bra under a t-shirt the other day and it did show through, you could see the black dots and everything blush also it looked lumpy

nailpolish Tue 29-Jul-08 09:47:10

you get patterned ones that are smooth

pale pink actually shows less under a awhite t shirt than a white bra !

i agree lace would show so you can get patterned pale pink but not lace

pale blue works too

MmeLindt Tue 29-Jul-08 09:49:27

I think it depends on the bra and on the tshirt. If the tshirt is quite thin material or the bra quite lumpy then you do see it. I have one from Bravissimo that is patterened and you do not see it through my tshirts.

With regards to seeing your bra, do what you feel comfortable with. I don't like to show straps or the top of my bra as I think that it looks a bit sloppy.

Mikafan Tue 29-Jul-08 10:09:46

Its mostly at work I worry about what it looks like. I work in a male dominated industry and I don't want to look tarty by wearing a bra underneath my t-shirts where they can see the bumpiness of the pattern of the bra IYSWIM but I also don't want to keep wearing the same old plain bras I've been wearing for over 2 years. I don't just want to feel just like 'mum' all the time

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:10:54

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:11:38

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Tue 29-Jul-08 10:12:13

I wear plain t-shirt type bras under any tops where you would see the texture.

I wear lacy, pretty ones under tops that are less clingy, if I'm going out adn/or dh is likely to see it!

nailpolish Tue 29-Jul-08 10:12:54

cod that is so mumsy
im surprised

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:15:03

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:15:27

Message withdrawn

Mikafan Tue 29-Jul-08 10:17:57

I just wanted to wear some nice underwear for me for a change but don't want the blokes here leering - which they do. It was especially bad when I was expressing 3 times a day at work and was wearing a nursing bra which is very thin. Lets just say, you could hang you coat up on me blush

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:18:50

Message withdrawn

maidamess Tue 29-Jul-08 10:20:34

I have one from Chanteille which has smooth cups but a lacy back. So you get pretty, but no lumps. I don't like lumpy lace up front.

MrsBadger Tue 29-Jul-08 10:22:21

I have one lacy one - it only goes under coloured shirts that re fitted but not tight (iyswim)

for non-mumsy smooth ones, satin is the way to go, and patterns are fine for wearing under coloured clothes.

I like tshirt bras with padded cups so no nipplage, but in a pretty shape, nice colours and fabric

matching pants also v importnat

look
pretty pattern, matching pants, not 'mumsy' but smooth lines, not so bold colour will show through clothes.
ditto but for wearing under dark colours

wear more expensive tshirts if you have trouble with see-through fabric

hermykne Tue 29-Jul-08 10:24:55

mikafan fantasie have lovely bras in nude colurs with "embellishments", light embroidery or lace and i wear them under t-shirts, great fit, boobs well supported and really love them! my no 1 bra choice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now