Talk

Advanced search

can i buy some jumpers in july?

(10 Posts)
NigellaTheOriginal Mon 28-Jul-08 17:09:38

orf to scotland next week. i feel the cold v badly and am envisaging me freezing. Need to buy a couple of jumpers/cardigans and a fleece/raincoat. will this be possible in July?
optomistic aren't I?

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 28-Jul-08 17:21:11

It shan't be cold in Scotland next week as I shall be there

smile

<<swats away cold weather with a flick of the wrist>>

Where are you orf to?

badgermonkey Mon 28-Jul-08 17:24:14

Outdoors type shops will have plenty of things like that - Millets and the like. Or outlet stores/TK Maxx , which have out-of-season things.

PrimulaVeris Mon 28-Jul-08 17:24:36

Well it must be 30 degrees plus here today and I saw loads in M&S whilst making my way to the chilled food section!

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 28-Jul-08 17:25:37

am orf to loch voil. may stay there forever communing with nature and opting out from real life.
am also concerned about midges and biting things.

BettySpaghetti Mon 28-Jul-08 17:25:54

It is possible to buy jumpers in the summer -I know from bitter (cold) experience several summers a ago.

We went to Devon with the usual summer wardrobe and ended up having to buy jumpers as it was freezing. Can't remember where from though.

A good tip is make sure you have some big, chunky socks for pottering around in in the evening (not if you're out somewhere like a posh restaurant obviously, but for when you are in your accommodation)

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 28-Jul-08 17:28:32

dodn't think we'll be doing posh restaraunt so will invest in nice socks too.
will look for jumpers, socks, raincoats and walking boots (mine fell apart) on weds. cheers.

BettySpaghetti Mon 28-Jul-08 17:29:21

You're not camping are you?

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 28-Jul-08 17:30:51

yy midges and biting things abound there.

We are going to Fife to stay with PIL.

Have you been to the Green Welly? shop/restaurant - much recommended.

NigellaTheOriginal Mon 28-Jul-08 17:34:09

no not camping - got cottage (with heating)
so will also need to get midge repellant?

think what i'd like is one of those big thick peruvian jumper type things or is that a crime against fashion even in the wilds of scotland?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now