Talk

Advanced search

help - stopped bfing and my tits have gone. forever. How to dress?

(15 Posts)
mrsshackleton Mon 28-Jul-08 15:54:46

I bf dd1 for 13 months and when I finished tits - which never got tat huge - popped back to at pre-baby 32c. I naively assumed it would be the same after dd2 but to my horror I've suddenly got two fried eggs where once there was a fine pair of knockers. Too scared to get myself measured but it won't be good news. Now I understand why women have boob jobs - not that that is an option for me.
So many of my old clothes which relied on having a bit of a rack look stupid now. Any tips on how to dress when you have no breasts? They ain't gonna come back so I'd better resign myself to it sad

2loudboys Mon 28-Jul-08 17:13:53

The tennis-ball-in-sock look is not necessarily forever. Mine (never huge it has to be said) gradually re-inflated to pre-child size, but norks no longer pert on top. So I stick with balconette/cut away/push-up stylee bras to hoik them up a bit.

cardy Mon 28-Jul-08 17:17:39

When did you stop breastfeeding? Mine took about 6 months to improve, although they never returned to pre-baby standard they were much better after about 6 months.

What abouyt trying those gel-filled bra BF swears by them....and they look pretty good to me.

isaidno Mon 28-Jul-08 17:19:57

a good bra is essential; gel filled if necessary!

LynetteScavo Mon 28-Jul-08 17:21:11

La Senza do them gel filled bras quite cheaply. smile

mrsshackleton Mon 28-Jul-08 17:38:07

I stopped about a month ago, that's very heartening to learn there might be some improvement
Gel fill here we come. Or do wonderbras still exist? Either way all the pre-dc bras I was so looking forward to wearing again are going to have to go in the bin x

girlnextdoor Mon 28-Jul-08 18:43:59

one of the best bras I have found is a M&S underwired, padded, uplifting T shirt bra for £12- gives me a cleavage with my tiny 34Bs.

CarGirl Mon 28-Jul-08 18:46:10

get an ultimo gel filled bra, they were the best £24 quid I ever spent, they are all I ever wear.

2loudboys Mon 28-Jul-08 18:54:26

Ultimo = good, wonderbra = good, chicken fillets = good. But any good balconette style will be better than full-cup styles(Elle Macpherson, Lepel from Debenhams, M&S all do good ones, in fact some lovely ones currently in M&S Autograph range).

LynetteScavo Mon 28-Jul-08 22:55:07

blush at my last post.

I really was not raised by Hill Billies.

harpomarx Mon 28-Jul-08 22:57:48

is your Paw called Cletus, Lynette wink

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 23:01:51

I too had this problem mrsshackleton, went back to a 34C but to say they looked a bit lack lustre is an understatement sad I got pregnant though one month after stopping breastfeeding and THEY still haven't picked up!

Boob job will be booked in after breast feeding DC3, I always vowed I wouldn't but I can imagine I will be horrified at the state of them.

Gel bras are good by the way!

jennifersofia Mon 28-Jul-08 23:09:42

mrsshackleton my pain is your pain! I too got pg with number 3 grin and am now enjoying bfeeding breasts, but dreading the inevitable fried egg effect. Perhaps I should do extended bfeeding after all...mind you, I seem to remember a jokey agreement with dh - dc3=breast job, maybe I should refresh his memory.
If you are London based, I do recommend going to Rigby and Peller in Mayfair, they are fab and give you a bra that fits well (though pricey).

mrsshackleton Tue 29-Jul-08 10:28:17

right, that's it - definitely no number 3!
like the sound of the m&s bras, rigby and peller I think I may save for six months down the line when hopefully they will have reinflated a bit and I know what size I'm going to be for the next few years
At least I never got stretchmarks grin

OllieWollieWoo Tue 29-Jul-08 11:50:12

Just wondering re Rigby and peller - how pricey say for a basic slightly padded t-shirt bra??? Always wanted to know so I don't make a tit (excuse the pun) of myself if I ever make it to the shop! Know its can be around 100pounds for a lacy number - but what about plain ones???

(Sorry for the hijack!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now