Advanced search

why do peopel insist on wearign short where your arse hands out

(20 Posts)
FluffyMummy123 Mon 28-Jul-08 14:01:15

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Mon 28-Jul-08 14:01:27

Message withdrawn

wheresthehamster Mon 28-Jul-08 14:34:08

Just mulling over how fantastic arse hands would be.....

You are about to sit down, Crunchie in one hand, Baileys in the other and there is Lego on your favourite chair. As you lower yourself your arse hands come out and swipe the bricks out of the way! Brilliant!

Also when you are driving and your linen trousers are getting all creased and sweaty, you lift yourself slightly and arse hands gently smooth out the creases every now and then....

lazaroulovesleggings Mon 28-Jul-08 14:35:18

I saw one yesterday with all her lumpiness on display. She was a beauty

Fimbo Mon 28-Jul-08 14:40:21

With lumpy legs to match

cornsilk Mon 28-Jul-08 14:41:44

and bobbly bra straps poking out from too gaping tops.

littlelapin Mon 28-Jul-08 14:41:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

escape Mon 28-Jul-08 14:43:43

ALL brits should be shipped off to live somwherew arm for abit and learn how to dress when 'summertime' hits for its annual long weekend.
FWIW, i'm only getting it right now, and its been 3 years

OrmIrian Mon 28-Jul-08 14:44:06

Hmmm....which bit hangs out? Over the top - ie muffin top or flabby extraneous bits of bottom round the top of the legs?

Just wonder <whistles innocently>

HuwEdwards Mon 28-Jul-08 14:46:56

what is it about the age of 45?

If anyone wants to describe a woman a) over the hill or b) dressed as mutton

then the age quoted is always 45

(least I'm not blonde)

OrmIrian Mon 28-Jul-08 14:51:42

I'm nearly there huw. Nearly. Not blonde though. Neither am I brassy and wouldn't now how to be it either. I thought it was a word applied to bar maids particularly.

See.... DH has bought me 2 pairs of short shorts recently. One is too big so the shorts look longer but I have to wear a long top to cover my nekkid midriff. And the others fit OK and there is a lot of leg on show. My legs are damned good though i say it myself but I do have this sneaking suspicion that leg quality is irrelevant after the age of 40. And this thread has reawakenend my fears.

DaDaDa Mon 28-Jul-08 15:08:48

Don't worry, they look crap on young women too.

Hotpants and big legs; look crap.
Hotpants and skinny chicken legs; look crap.
Hotpants and you're Betty Boo in the Doin' the Do video.... OK, go ahead.

SheikYerbouti Mon 28-Jul-08 15:12:50

It even loos shit on nice firm arses

A guirl at work (23 years old, v slim & attractive envy) was wearing a pair today. She looked dreadful

I do not wanted to be contronted with someone else's chocolate starfish when I am getting my morning coffee and colloecting the post

HongKongFoeey Mon 28-Jul-08 15:13:57

oh who gives a shit. i really couldn't giive a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut what anyone else wears.
if people wear shorts-maybe they are hot?

escape Mon 28-Jul-08 15:15:31

WHO would wear a pair of hotpants to work?
only the brits....
gok needs to do a 'how to look good in warm weather' ...

(thats the power of Mn - i have lived out of UK for 5 years - have never seen Gok on TV...)

SheikYerbouti Mon 28-Jul-08 15:15:31

Being proud and wearing shorts is one thing

Showing the world what you ate for supper last night is quite another

OrmIrian Tue 29-Jul-08 09:59:47

But what are hot pants exactly. Last time I remember them they were v v tight but not always short shorts. Is that correct? If so I can honestly say I've never owned a pair. They seem to be irevocably linked with afro hair and Pans People.... but that's because I am nearly 45 grin

SSSandy2 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:03:28

I don't know where you could wear short shorts except maybe at the beach or in your garden?

FluffyMummy123 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:03:53

Message withdrawn

SSSandy2 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:07:47

actually come to think of it remember woman I knew in Venezuela wearing very short very tight shorts to the supermarket with tanned legs and very high-heeled golden sandals.

She looked amazing (in a positive sense, she did carry it off) but didn't feel inspired to copy her! Actually I dunno how she managed to do it without getting hassled

I don't think short shorts are ok in a city whatever the heat or however good your body. Everyone looks better more covered up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now