Advanced search

has anyone found the perfect LBD?

(30 Posts)
Stargazing Sun 27-Jul-08 23:20:16

please share

Stargazing Mon 28-Jul-08 15:36:57

anyone?

YumeeMumee Mon 28-Jul-08 16:00:59

Nope...still looking...have this image in my head but I cannot find it in the shops.

TwoWashTutter Mon 28-Jul-08 16:02:03

no such things as one for all

depends on your size shape age etc surely

Stargazing Mon 28-Jul-08 16:04:17

course it does. Wanted to see what was perfect for everyone else, not have them tell me what is perfect for me. May find some inspration who knows?

Stargazing Tue 29-Jul-08 23:23:51

oooh la la, my quest for the LBD just took me to the Matches website ... suuuuuuuch gorgeous dresses (also plenty of hideous ones) and many that would possibly qualify as the perfect LBD - and at knock down prices!!

Note: when I say knock down, I am talking HUNDREDS of pounds off, like £1500 down to £500. Argh, such a huge discount but still so exxy, why lord, why?????!!!!

AnotherFineMess Tue 29-Jul-08 23:29:50

YEEEEESSSSSSSS!! Bought it today for anniversary weekend in Paris - I am so pleased that I asked 2 people to come round and see me in it tonight!!

It was from Joy, £50 reduced to £25 in sale so totally bargaintastic grin.

It's a drapey jersey material, no sleeves but a different black material over shoulders and neckline, with triangular inserts of same material over hips. Just above knee length, fairly low plunging v neck. Tiny drop pleats below waist which means it swishes all salsa-like when you shimmy (and yes you shimmy in this dress, I've been shimmying all night).

I am CHUFFED. First thing I've felt great in for 2 years.

Bon voyage, ooh la la, sacre bleu etc etc!!

hifi Tue 29-Jul-08 23:32:56

i have a lully navy blue one from massimo dutti, worn it to death.

Stargazing Tue 29-Jul-08 23:40:59

okay well purely on a wish list basis, check this out Simple from the front, but the back makes it a bit more va va voom, no?

Mess - have a fab time!!

ExterminAitch Tue 29-Jul-08 23:42:14

carm found one in debenhams, you'll have to ask her though as i don't have time to search. but obv it was perfect for her rather than you.

RuffleTheAnimal Tue 29-Jul-08 23:43:12

yep

a kate moss one (of all things) from topshop. bet she looks a right twig in it, but i look fab grin

AnotherFineMess Tue 29-Jul-08 23:52:42

Thankyou stargazing!

Hijack alert - tell me to bugger off if you mind - can anyone recommend how to get rid of insect bite marks? Dress looks great but my legs look like I've been stricken with The Pox - got 'til Friday night to get rid of/learn how to disguise them.

Carmenere Tue 29-Jul-08 23:58:10

Voila This dress is fab on.

hifi Tue 29-Jul-08 23:59:25

i use betnovate, buy in bulk from spain E2, as someone to get you some. clears in about 3 days.

drowninginlaundry Wed 30-Jul-08 06:14:10

I want this one

and isn't this fab in a sort of just-throw-it-on-after-beach way, with sandals and some jewellery

if I had £500 to spend on a dress I wouldn't get a black one though, with all the colours and prints out there a black dress feels a bit dull IMO... but then again I've never owned a stunning LBD...

OllieWollieWoo Wed 30-Jul-08 08:55:24

I would luv something simple like this - and her legs - and youth obviously!

click here

The search continues.....

M&S had some decent ones a while ago - will try and find links

OllieWollieWoo Wed 30-Jul-08 09:01:03

Not sure re the sequins but nice shape?
here

or here

or this one

too short?

nailpolish Wed 30-Jul-08 09:06:51

i have been wearing this non stop
yes it comes in black and i have it in black

and look its in the sale!

its very flattering material and can be dressed up or down

OllieWollieWoo Wed 30-Jul-08 09:22:46

Me likey NP

JackieNo Wed 30-Jul-08 09:26:27

Coast have some good ones - I like this one (apart from the dreadfully twee namehmm) and I think it's Cod who likes this one.

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 10:34:33

hmmm thought I was on to a winner with this one but it arrived today and is like a sack of spuds - on me at least...

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 10:39:06

oooh, laundry, I agree - both fab.

TBH, I think that I would rather spend £500 on an LBD than on something more 'interesting' as I know I'd get wear out of it for years and years, whereas colours/ patterns etc tend to date.

I bought a pair of black suede knee-high boots when I was 22 (nearly 14 years ago, yikes) for $250 (in Australia) ... seemed like a huge amount for my uni-student wallet but I still wear them to this day.

So I am rethinking the Chloe dress .... maybe £300 is not so bad, could wear both winter & summer too?

notenoughhoursintheday Wed 30-Jul-08 11:53:28

I've been wondering if this would suit a slim 48 year old with large norks (30e). Arms are still toned thanks to lots of gym work.

www.principles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/DRESSES/Black-Pleat-Neck-Dress/8002

16 year old dd says that I "could do better"

drowninginlaundry Wed 30-Jul-08 17:28:04

sg why is that dress a sack of spuds it looks lovely

I am going to get an investment piece dress when I get this baby out

olliewollie the M&S sequin dress is a great shape, I bet it's v flattering if you can deal with the sequins

Stargazing Wed 30-Jul-08 20:07:15

laundry, it is gorgeous - just not on me. Not sure why, think maybe i am too pear-shaped - think you maybe need mannequin figure or hourglass. What did you think of the chloe dress i linked to above?

when is your baby due?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now