Talk

Advanced search

Where should I be shopping at 41?

(8 Posts)
waitinonasunnyday Sun 27-Jul-08 23:00:32

I generally like clothes by Uttam ,Zara,Laura Ashley,Wallis.

But am wondering if the hippy look at 40 plus is too young for me now and who would other mumsnetters recommend as a good label adn look for a 41 year old?

stitch Sun 27-Jul-08 23:01:11

asos
you dont suddenly change after the age fo forty.

GrapeJelly Mon 28-Jul-08 15:16:02

In any shops you feel comfortable. If it feels too young or old for you then it is.

Bink Mon 28-Jul-08 15:35:22

Wherever you like, of course
But you'll find lots of fellow-travellers in White Stuff smile

SilentTerror Mon 28-Jul-08 17:33:45

Am 41 also and is a mixture for me.
White Stuff
Bodengrin
Great Plains
Noa Noa
Some Marks (Autograph/Limited Collection)
Some Principles
Monsoon(esp trousers)
Kew(tops/knits)
I also like smaller boutiques that stock Noa/Great Plains/Avoca etc.
But...I have just bought some fab wedges in Peacocks for £6,and I have loads of Tesco vests.
Also like some dresses in French Connection and Warehouse.

girlnextdoor Mon 28-Jul-08 17:53:22

I dress better now than when I was 41- and I am 53. But everyone tells me I look 43 {smile}.

I like
White Stuff
Boden ( some)
Kew
Jigsaw
Monsoon (occasionally)
Esprit

It's not about age- it is about your shape, your weight and what suits you. If you start thinking "over the hill" you will dress mumsny sad

It's a case of hiding the bad bits and showing the good bits- and often colours make a huge difference- I would hate to be mutton dressed as lamb- but an outfit can look great and classy say in brown, or a neutral shade and really cheap and girly in a pastel shade.

cremolafoam Mon 28-Jul-08 18:02:37

anywhere you like waitin.you are bound to find things in lots of different shops these days.
just dont go near per una unless you are a teacher grin

SilentTerror Mon 28-Jul-08 18:05:36

Agree GND. All about choosing carefully,and adding contemporary 'twist' in form of jewellery etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now