Talk

Advanced search

Long hair dilemma- chop or not to chop?

(10 Posts)
ILikeYourSleeves Sun 27-Jul-08 22:52:35

Hi, I need some help! I have very long thick brown hair down to my waist but I never wear it down as it just gets in my way- I wear it up in a kind of messy pull through a bobble type of style and have done for shock probably 10 years or so. I have a longish fringe too that I'm growing out. I feel I am stuck in a rut and I keep thinking of the chop but when I get to the hairdressers I just get a trim.

I have had it short before years ago (once a bob style and once pretty short and spikey). I don't suit it really short but the bob was quite nice.

Anyway what styles are in at the mo? Or any other ideas for me? I really think I want a change!!! Preferably fairly low maintenance... Or do you think I should keep it long? Thanks!

gigglewitch Sun 27-Jul-08 22:55:42

have you thought about something layered? I had that done recently (and apparently it's "in" - tho what would i knowblush) which compromised nicely on not losing the long locks i like but giving me a short bit which frames my face. I keep mine long so that it is 'wavy' rather than 'scruffy curly', is your hair straight or wavy?

southeastastra Sun 27-Jul-08 22:56:16

sounds very long! i'd just start with about 6 inches off if i were you, would probably look really nice, hard to tell without a photo though

gigglewitch Sun 27-Jul-08 22:59:25

this sort of thing?

ILikeYourSleeves Sun 27-Jul-08 23:00:30

My hair is straight, it has some subtle layers in it already so it's not all the same length, but it's not that noticable really!

...and it's usually about 4-6 inches I get off when I go to hairdressers anyway (which is about 2x/year as I can never be bothered, prob why my hair is soooo long LOL).

ILikeYourSleeves Sun 27-Jul-08 23:01:37

oooo that's quite nice gigglewitch, sort of Rachelfriendsesque?

gigglewitch Sun 27-Jul-08 23:10:02

another lurvely thing my hairdresser friend came up with for me when i said i didn't want to be 'long and boring' <no implication meant, mind wink> was 'lowlights' - I've got a fantastic red-ish shade put through my dark brown hair, and it really warms it up and shows up the layers. grin
grin LOL at the Rachelfriend-esque thing, it hadn't occurred to me but so true! (sure you're prettier than her tho)wink

gigglewitch Sun 27-Jul-08 23:12:59

another link
will go and annoy someone else for a bit, hope a proper expert person turns up!
c u later wink

Jewelsandgems Mon 28-Jul-08 07:59:47

How about something Carla Connor(ish) - her off coronation street?

This is not a great picture but:

www.corrie.tartydoris.com/_corrie/Alison%20King/AlisonKIng362.jpg

ILikeYourSleeves Mon 28-Jul-08 21:54:24

I like those photos esp the 2nd one from gigglewitch but probably cos that model is so pretty! Hmmmm, will have a think. All those styles would be quite a chop so a good step if I them want to go shorter later. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now