Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slendertone - if you have tried it what do you think of it??

(28 Posts)
mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:26:05

My belly is soooo flabby, still got some fat on it but it is really flabby and the skin is quite loose as I have lost alot of weight in the past year after the birth of my dd...

Has anyone tried slendertone or anything similar??

I want to know if it works or not, please say it does... Only joking be honest... smile

copingvquietly Sat 26-Jul-08 22:27:01

what is it?<looks at tummy>

Psychomum5 Sat 26-Jul-08 22:30:03

I have it.

maybe I am using it worng, but to me, it just feels as tho I have strapped a vibrator to my tummy!!!

like I say, I may be made wrong (strike that, I know that sometimes I am made wrongblushwink), but it has done nothing for me.

DH likes it thohmm.......

swimming and tummy crunches work better for me.

abouteve Sat 26-Jul-08 22:34:13

I don't think it works, sorry. A bit of flab around the tummy is part and parcel of being a woman/mother. Unless you want to really commit to the gym, stomach crunches.

I've tried it but hated putting on that horrible conductive gel first. It didn't work for me.

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:35:15

slendertone is a belt you put on your tummy to tone it. Also can get shorts for bum and thighs or belts to tone arms..

I really want one...

solo Sat 26-Jul-08 22:35:26

I'm going to try the Cleo Q multi gym which does all parts of the body. I'm concentrating on pelvic floor atm which seems very goodgrin.
I tried the Slendertone shorts before, but found them awful to use so got my money back.

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:36:05

psycomum5 - how often did you use it and for how long??

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:36:42

abouteve -how often id you use it??

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:38:14

solo - have you bought the cleo Q multi gym yet??

can you use it as you walk around or do you need to stay still?

And what was the problem with the slenderton shorts??

ellideb Sat 26-Jul-08 22:38:37

They don't work, sorry! To get rid of fat you have to increase your metabolic rate and decrease your calorie consumption. Twitching your stomach muscles via slendertone is a gimmick and will not give you a washboard tummy. No pain, no gain I'm afraid!

abouteve Sat 26-Jul-08 22:40:38

Everyday for about 2 weeks. Then I got fed up and ditched it. I could see the theory behind it, it crunches your stomach muscles, but its hard to keep it up.

It was the gel I hated.

Psychomum5 Sat 26-Jul-08 22:43:18

used it only about 4 times.....the vibrating was really really odd!!!!

DH uses it quite a lot, altho he uses it I reckon to have an excuse to sit downhmmwink

cornsilk Sat 26-Jul-08 22:43:28

It works but only with other exercise thrown in.

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:43:29

ellideb - have you tries slendertone or anything similar?

I do not want to loose weight as I have lost enough, just really need to tone but as i have a bad back cannot do sit ups etc...

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:45:01

it does say you have to use it 5 times a week for 30mins each time. and you need to do this for 4-8weeks and then you will really see improvement...

mamachat Sat 26-Jul-08 22:45:58

cornsilk - have you got slendertone or something else??

so is it good for saggy bellys which are hard to tone...

ellideb Sat 26-Jul-08 22:47:08

Yes I did, a while ago I borrowed one from a friend and used it religiously but it didn't work. You can still tone your tummy by doing other types of exercise that won't put a strain on your back. Swimming is a good one.

cornsilk Sat 26-Jul-08 23:18:34

I had the old slendertone with the sticky round things. I thought it did work but only used it if I wanted to wear a tightfitting dress to a do or something. Couldn't be faffed with it all the time. You are meant to do exercise as well though.

solo Sat 26-Jul-08 23:47:44

I have got it yes, but like I say, I'm only using the pelvic one at the moment, which does work - my friend has been using one for a while now. She and her Dp are impressedgrin
You can use the leg/arm/bust/tummy/cellulite/face ones(individually unless you buy more than one controller))whilst moving around as they give you a strap that you can put around your neck for the controller to hang from.

The Slendertone shorts sticky pads were just awful and putting the shorts on each time was a pain. I hated doing it.

The reason I've gone for the Cleo option is that I have ME and cannot exercise. I was fine when I could work out for 6 hours a week, but I have to try the easier way. If you are able to do physical exercise, then that's definitely the way to go IMO. I'd love to be able to do it.

solo Sat 26-Jul-08 23:51:19

mamachat, I don't think that any of these machines will help with loose skin unfortunately. I don't know what you can do for that, but the Cleo and Slendertone are very expensive and serve to tone up your muscles. You may be able to tone up but still have loose skin however you choose to do it. I'm sure I will

mamachat Sun 27-Jul-08 08:09:38

solo - i have looked at the cleo and it is sooo expensive but looks very good, I want that one now but do not think i could afford it...

I will exercise as well as using one of these machines...

The slendertone is much cheaper then cleo so will probably get that although I now feel it will not work as well as cleo...

mamachat Sun 27-Jul-08 08:10:11

any early risers used slendertone or cleo?

solo Sun 27-Jul-08 12:10:00

mamachat, you can get it on interest free credit. I don't like using credit, but it was the only way I could do it. Can you CAT me?

mustrunmore Sun 27-Jul-08 12:14:01

Wont work, sorry. But feel nice smile

As an aside, a few years ago prekids, dh was using a similar but more 'industrial' version, which had 2 seperate sets of pads and controls. So we took one each. But he needed a wee, got up and turned his off, not realising it would double the current into mine hmmgrin I am never sharing again!

solo Sun 27-Jul-08 12:19:41

mustrun, was that Slendertone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now