Talk

Advanced search

Stylish mums - help me decide what to get my friend as a new baby gift!

(6 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Sat 26-Jul-08 21:49:27

I am a mum myself so know what I would like, but I did know my children were girls etc and she does not now sex. So, she is having her first baby, stylish, girly and likes quality over quantity.

Here are a few ideas:
Oi Oi changing mat on Cool Garden:
www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_442_10751_-1__63844_10001_

But, if you had a boy, would still use this?

Other ideas are these:
www.babeswithbabies.com/product_details.asp?product=Mia+Chocolate+Baby+Changing+Bag&product_id=733

This can be used by both parents:
www.babeswithbabies.com/product_details.asp?product=Alex+Unisex+Baby+Changing+Bag&product_id=1231

this is more for the mum:
www.babeswithbabies.com/product_details.asp?product=Circle+of+Life+Pendant&product_id=1060

www.babeswithbabies.com/product_details.asp?product=Love-Love+Bracelet&product_id=431

What do you think?

MingMingtheWonderPet Sat 26-Jul-08 21:54:32

I really like the breastfeeding bracelet, as long as she is breastfeeding!

Also like the unisex bag.

Oi Oi changing mat not so good.

MingMingtheWonderPet Sat 26-Jul-08 21:56:08

Imprints Gift Cert

zwiggy Sat 26-Jul-08 22:02:39

my best baby item was an organic cotton blanket from green baby - its so soft, washes really well, I never used another blanket after I got this.

I love the jojomamanbebe changing pouches much better than a changing bag, wish someone had bought me one

I've also got a jellycat toy rabbit which my 6m ds absolutely adores

Deglingos soft toys, french, are gorgeous!!!!

hot milk babalicious nursing bra

Stargazing Sat 26-Jul-08 23:30:08

my best presents were freezer food. Last thing I felt like doing was cooking, but at same time was desperate to be healthy for breastmilk quality, getting body back etc etc. Most thoughtful thing you can possibly do imo.

If you don't fancy cooking yourself, check out this site or have a google, there are loads catering for new mums.

llareggub Sat 26-Jul-08 23:34:28

I would have appreciated some very good quality handcream. My hands were so dry after all that handwashing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now