Talk

Advanced search

Skin trouble - help please

(8 Posts)
funnykc Fri 25-Jul-08 18:51:04

Hi,

My face is giving me some trouble. I keep getting breakouts of spots but I get dry flaky patches at the same time.

I'm using a cleanser for sensitive skin but it is not improving.

Can anyone recommend a good product or a department store counter that gives good advice?

Thanks,

kc

isaidno Fri 25-Jul-08 18:56:40

Are you using moisturiser? Get a light one to help control the oil and moisturise the flakes.

funnykc Fri 25-Jul-08 19:22:42

Yeah, the moisturiser I'm using is for sensitive skin too. But it makes my skin feel quite greasy after a while.

Not sure if the weather has something to do with it as I don't wear make up!

charliecat Fri 25-Jul-08 19:30:32

johnsons clean and clear moisturiser is really goodHas something in it to keep spots at bay and levels out my weird skin.

wasabipeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 19:37:02

Are you pregnant or going through anything that you think would be affecting hormones?

yousaidit Fri 25-Jul-08 19:37:27

I've gor gtotty spotty skin sometimes ( either teenage zits ot those red bumps that you know is a spot ten foot under your skin but it never fully turns up?)but cheeks can be a bit dry: I use the St Ives squeezy tume of anti blemish formula face scrub (best to use it is shower so it gets rinsed away rather than having to rinse out sink or after a bath!) Clinique toner (and i begrudge spending loads of dosgh but this one is quite good) toner for greasy / blemish skins, and Simple day morsuriser with an spf of 15 and it's oil free too! It's about £6 but keep and eye out for when boots or superdrug do a third off? It is a fab moisturiser and it's gt an spf so you don't need to slap suncream on and clog up your skin and it's oil free so it won't clog up or aggrevate your pores. It's taken me years to get a cleanser toner and moisturiser i'm happy with!

mmmmarmite Fri 25-Jul-08 20:19:44

If you are pg then the only thing I've found to help with my revolting hormonal acne has been dermalogica special cleansing gel, rinse face in tepid water (apparently hot water makes your oil glands go into ovedrive) and then use a very lightweight cream, if anything at all on the affected areas. Mine have been chin/cheeks and odd outbreak on forehead, got very depressed about it at the the beginning but kinda used to looking like pizza now!

funnykc Fri 25-Jul-08 20:24:53

Thanks everyone

yousaidit - my skin is exactly the same - red spots aaarrrrggghhhh - I feel like I am re living my teenage years!!

Any one gone to department store counter for advice? Got good advice or will it just be a hard sell?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now