Talk

Advanced search

i have been told i could in fasct wear a bikini..if i was to entertain this mad idea is there suvch a thing as a nice one that doens th ahve skimpy btms

(22 Posts)
zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 14:27:54

....and dio i beleive bf when he says you could wear a bikini..we were in portugal by a mountain lake and i wore this just becazuse i can use it at home for swimming in the pool

i wouldnt have got a bikini in a million years but wonder if any suitabkle ones might exist

reethi96 Fri 25-Jul-08 14:31:19

I don't like that costume it is not even flattering on that woman.

I am sure you can wear a bikini, most people look better in bikini's than cossies. Are you large of nork? I don't think you can beat bravissimo if you are.

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 14:33:06

it has the effect of an athletic vest lol squahsed tits

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 14:34:07

oh i am old that is the bikini problem 51

but my body is not wholly bad

not big breasts no

Mercy Fri 25-Jul-08 14:37:27

You can get bikini bottoms which are more like shorts

like these

TillyScoutsmum Fri 25-Jul-08 14:37:55

this

or this

maybe ?

reethi96 Fri 25-Jul-08 14:39:54

51 is not too old. Did you see those photos of Helen Mirren?

NEXT have got some nice ones with nice bottoms, La Senza do mix and match as well.

You will look better in a bikini than in a one piece whatever your age. Good supportive bottoms hold your belly in and give you a better posture, when I bought a cossie for the first time ever after having ds it made me stoop and I looked liked Humpty Dumpty. Not a good look. hmm. I would rather see a bit of muffin top hanging over than the round shape that cossies give.

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 14:45:03

oh they are quite interesting

so hard to tell unless you try them on

TillyScoutsmum Fri 25-Jul-08 14:54:01

Best to order some and try them on at home. I hate trying bikinis on in shops - those lights and mirrors are just so harsh

TheGreatScootini Fri 25-Jul-08 15:01:22

But do you think you can wear a bikini if your have a very crepey tummy (but the rest of you is OK ish)Or should you just forget it and be consigned to a one piece?I mean on holiday does anyone even look?

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 15:07:51

my tummy looks ok unless i lean forward lol

so not crepey standing up or on my back

i am vain tho..i think if i was with children and a long term partner i would be less bothered

but with bf i am too vain

LoveMyGirls Fri 25-Jul-08 15:14:20

Really hope my tummy looks ok at 51 (it doesnt look that great now at 26 but maybe that's because i've recently had children?)

I haven't worn a bikini since I was 16 (and 6mths pg with dd1) I wonder if I could wear one on my honeymoon next year (I've recently lost a few stone). hummm ponders......

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 15:16:42

in fact and i have done a lot of personal examination recently

none of me looks crepey except under stress

i am very self conscious tho

TillyScoutsmum Fri 25-Jul-08 15:19:07

I have a really crepey tummy but think I'm going to brave a bikini. I wouldn't think twice if it was just me, dp and dc's going on holiday but we're going with another couple and I'm not sure I want to inflict it on them blush

LoveMyGirls Fri 25-Jul-08 15:19:09

So...........don't keep the secrets to yourself, share with us........how do we get the uncrepey look? I posted then looked at my tummy.....it's ok but very badly stretched marked, i'VE GOT BIO OIL, i SHOULD probably use it if I intend to wear a bikini ever again?

LoveMyGirls Fri 25-Jul-08 15:19:50

(TSM I've lost the thread agin please bump for me?)

TillyScoutsmum Fri 25-Jul-08 15:21:05

for LMG

IllegallyBrunette Fri 25-Jul-08 15:21:59

I have got two bikinis for my holiday, having never worn one before.

I ordered several different styles of bottoms, and in the end i went for one that is called a swimskirt, but is really bikin briefs with a small trim around the top to hide any bulges.

It sounds hideous, but was definatly the most flattering out of all that I tried.

IMO shorts will make you look huge, they did me.

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 15:22:24

i dont know i have loose skin as my main problem because i have lost weight

i dont really have any stretch marks

i do have and have had since i was first pregnant 25 years ago varicose vreins

including one in my groin

ND IN FACT I CAN BE A BIT CREPEY THERE whoops

so no real tips

i have had three children all close together and a long time ago...

i have doen lots of exercise in the l;ast 18 months while weight losing

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 15:24:12

when i am lying on my back which seems to me quite a flattering position bf has developed a habit of picking up my tum like a cat with a kitten

this seems to entewrtain him

shock

it gives me the urge to slap him

zippitippitoes Fri 25-Jul-08 15:24:44

that is a good point nutty

where are you going

IllegallyBrunette Fri 25-Jul-08 15:27:20

Salou grin

If I were you I would either go shopping, or order several different styles of anything you even remotly like. I ordered loads, but have only kept four pieces, the rest is going back.

I have also got a couple of short gypsy style skirts to wear over the bottoms if I don't feel quite brave enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now