Talk

Advanced search

Are cheaper straightners really crap? I have GHD's .....

(17 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 25-Jul-08 11:06:25

The dark pink ones, but am totally skint and need some fast cash and was thinking of floggng them <<Sob>>

Will I regret it?

Ewe Fri 25-Jul-08 11:08:05

Flog em and replace with she's when you have some money again, they're cheaper than ghd's.

purpleflower Fri 25-Jul-08 11:08:32

Yes you will. Mine broke and I'm gutted sad. Nothing is as good IMO.

mindalina Fri 25-Jul-08 11:08:56

You can get cheaper ones that are good - DPs sister has a pair that were about £40 and she raves about them, but I suppose it depends on your definition of cheap! I had a pair that cost about £30 and tbh they were fairly crap - sorry.

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 25-Jul-08 11:09:46

I actully donated my older pair of GHDs to my sister (the baby pink ones)

Maybe I should get them back grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 25-Jul-08 11:13:27

Keep em. What's the point of going through all that hassle selling em, getting new ones etc?

Will you have to spend cash on adverts, taking photos etc? Or setting up a car boot stall? Or whatever? And what will you get for second hand GHD - £50. And you'll spend £40-50 on new cheap ones. hmm

You're not so skint that you don't have broadband, I assume. Give up that for a while instead. grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 25-Jul-08 11:16:08

Actully more like £90 as the are the newest ones with box, roll bag, CD ect ..

If I gave up broadband I would spend ££££ as we don't draive and I order most of my stuff on the net to save on travelling.

So ner!

(and besides its a cheap all in one package so if i did give it up i would end up paying for individual phone calls and end up spending the same amount of money but minus the net hmm )

PuppyMonkey Fri 25-Jul-08 11:21:05

You can get them brand new for £100 though - most people would do that.

Just trying to offer suggestions about more feasible alternatives! grin

HollyandNoah Fri 25-Jul-08 23:56:07

theres not much difference pricewise between new and 2nd hand ghd's. Have a look on ebay and you'll see.
I have the old old ones, and they still work fine, i bought the baby pink ones and sold them for pretty much what i paid, i bought the thick ones, but ive got my hair cut and im back onto my old ones.

I dont think ditching the broadband would help at all! It would make me worse off i think, no tesco home delivery means busfairs and somehow getting a buggy and a trolly around the shops, then a taxi home because too many bags for the bus.
Plus youd prob lose contact with a lot of people too!!

Back to straightners! My sisters ones are good * texts her to find out what they are * I use them when i'm at her house They are babyliss ceramic ones. I can't tell the difference between them and my ghds.

I think ghds were the best when they first came out, but now theres so many different ceramic plates.

Anyway, good luck xxx

HollyandNoah Fri 25-Jul-08 23:58:29

forgot to say they were about £20

windygalestoday Sat 26-Jul-08 00:31:41

can u 'pawn em' at a csh generator??along with any other electrical stuff or dvds???

clarebear1 Sat 26-Jul-08 08:43:39

I used to have GHDs before they just stopped working on me,i thought it was the end of the world haha! Ive now got Remington protect and shine i think they are,theyre from argod got then in the sale £29.99 and i think theyre just as good x

IllegallyBrunette Sat 26-Jul-08 15:36:06

My mum has a pair of GHD's and a pair of Remmington ones and she reckons the Remington are loads better.

When I recently had my hair styled for a wedding trial the girl also used Remmington straightners, although she was curling it, and result was fab.

IllegallyBrunette Sat 26-Jul-08 15:36:44

I like my GHD's but they aren't as good as I was expecting.

mynameis Sat 26-Jul-08 15:40:43

Ages ago my hairdresser told me that GHD'S were only superior if you used the right products. Although maybe he was trying to flog the products, who knows wink

I have used Babyliss pro 230 for yonks and I love em. Paid about £60 quid for them but Asda do them for around £30 now.

hollyandnoah Sat 26-Jul-08 15:42:22

My mum uses Remingtons, ones that look quite like ghds, and they are really good too.
I used my sil's new ghds and i dont think they work as well as mines.. strange.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 26-Jul-08 15:44:25

Lol, that reminds me when we were on holiday, my mum was doing her hair and she said 'dis, your straighteners aren't as good as mine, my hairs all kinky'

me - yea mum, theyre not turned on hmm

!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now