Talk

Advanced search

if you could only buy one of these, which would you choose? don't think about budget, just preference.

(61 Posts)
Stargazing Thu 24-Jul-08 19:32:54

and why?

this

this

this

or

this

I suspect that the bubble hem on the chloe would date it very quickly, that the pink one is too girly-girly for someone in their thirties and that the paperclip sundress is a bit 'messy'. Although it is the most ££££ I think I would lean towards the Rodriguez as I just don't think it would date, therefore an investment? what are your thoughts?

StellaWasADiver Thu 24-Jul-08 19:35:32

Based on preference, no 2.

PortAndLemon Thu 24-Jul-08 19:35:46

They'd all look terrible on me (completely the wrong shape), but I like the Rodriguez best for a hypothetical person who was the right shape.

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 24-Jul-08 19:36:56

2nd one as the rest are all crap.

Gina80 Thu 24-Jul-08 19:37:05

NappiesNoMore Thu 24-Jul-08 19:37:24

the chloe ones quite nice... but i really dislike all the rest, sorry.

nickytwotimes Thu 24-Jul-08 19:38:30

The Chloe would date realy quickly.
The Rodriguez would always look good, as you say.
Not keen on the pink one personally.
I liked the sundress, but have a fundamental issue with strapless numbers.(Don't ask...)
So, if money is no object, then the Rod one.

NappiesNoMore Thu 24-Jul-08 19:38:32

the second one, the pink one is awful! why would anyone want that??

lilQuidditchKel Thu 24-Jul-08 19:40:37

no 1.
more classic, i'd buy it.

Stargazing Thu 24-Jul-08 19:41:34

hmm, very divided opinions on number 2 .... it is bottom of my list, I must say. I think pink is too much for a whole dress, should be tops only...

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Thu 24-Jul-08 19:42:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

harpomarx Thu 24-Jul-08 19:43:06

ooh, I dunno...

dd would pick 2 for her Barbie doll (that's a no from me)

bet 4 looks fantastic on (it might date, you are right) - I have recently got something similar in black, it looks great.

1 is very understated and classy - but it would have to be fabulous fit and material to be worth so many ££££s to me I'm afraid

3 is very so-so

so probably 4 if it was for a special occasion and you knew you were going to wear it to death this year! (bet bubble hems will come back too, they've been in before)

ShinyPinkShoes Thu 24-Jul-08 19:43:45

Number 2

Numbers 1 and 4 quite unremarkable, number 3 too busy looking!

Heated Thu 24-Jul-08 19:44:00

The first one, the Roderiguez, looks like a keeper.

Slubberdegullion Thu 24-Jul-08 19:44:30

belcantavinissima Thu 24-Jul-08 19:46:53

i dont like no1 at all io think it looks v cheap- reckon youcould get something v sim in sainsburys! quite like that strapless one but the chloe one is my fave if i have to choose.
to be honest i find it v difficult to choose anthying on that site- the way the clothes are displayued makes them all look a bit shit i reckon.

norkmaiden Thu 24-Jul-08 19:51:16

not keen on any sorry, but at a push

slim22 Thu 24-Jul-08 20:00:25

1 & 3 very karen millen - read slutty little madam - no way.

2 very good with dress down as shown - flat sandals - tousled hair little make up - think brazilian beach party

4 very nice if you have the perfectly toned body to look like a contemporary ballet dancer.
If you do, go for cute flat pumps and one bold piece of jewellery ( bangle or ring)

BroccoliSpears Thu 24-Jul-08 20:00:27

I would get #4 - the knotted purple sack - I bet it looks fab on. You'd get lots of use out of it.

#1 is nice but a bit nothingy. Def not worth the £££.

#2 and #3 are not really my thing.

harpomarx Thu 24-Jul-08 20:02:15

ah good, some other 4 voters! I was beginning to question my impeccable taste...

missblythe Thu 24-Jul-08 20:05:03

Chloe looks v. wearable, with flips or heels

Narcis is lovely, if you are skinny enough, but so £££.

I think the Cath Mal is a bit trashy

the Tracy Reese is fabulous, but suspect you woul only wear it once.

MrsTiddles Thu 24-Jul-08 20:20:31

2 and 4

love the block colour and the shape (particularly the neckline of 2 which is very flattering)

absolutely hated 1 and 3

too busy, fussy, insipid colours (1) and unflattering to any shape (even a model's).

Twiglett Thu 24-Jul-08 20:21:15

1 if tall and thin with minimal chest

2 the top looks quite cheesy to me and the colour is rather 50 year old

3 if a gothic 20 year old .. leave well alone if over 25

4 is ok but looks like it's made out of t-shirt material

JackieNo Thu 24-Jul-08 20:24:14

The only 2 that made me sigh longingly were 3 and 4. The colours on the paperclip one are fab, but not sure I could wear them. I love the Chloe - deceptively simple. I found the other 2 a bit 'meh'. I could see that the first one would probably be the one you would be most likely to wear again, year after year, though. Didn't like the Catherine Malandrino at all, for some reason.

Doodle2U Thu 24-Jul-08 20:29:22

Erm.....none of them.

Why?

1) Plain

2) Auld tarts nightie

3) Migraine

4) Dyed sack

<well you did ask!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now