Talk

Advanced search

Christening dress codes...

(3 Posts)
LenniEd Thu 24-Jul-08 17:00:08

DH, DD and I have been asked to a friends DSs christening. DD is 18mo, I am 16wks pg and will be 19wks for the christening.

What should I put DD in for the christening? Invite says "Cordially invited to" insert info about christening "and afterwards for champagne and luncheon at" insert name of posh residence. If I have to dress her nicely for church (no idea, not a churchgoer) can I change her later in the day or should I be going for practical and pretty combined?

Also what can I wear? I have no mat dresses and am currently in normal tops and mat trousers - don't own a mat skirt. I might eb in mat tops by then, don't know though - am not 'growing' much at the mo. Do I need to get a dress? Or can I get away with trousers, a smart top, a jacket and nice shoes?

Can you detect the note of panic?? grin

DH = suit - so easy for them eh!

Hulababy Thu 24-Jul-08 17:16:35

Yes, nice trousers and smart top will be fine for you. Christening is only semi formal attire IME - church wear Went to a christening recently, followed by meal in nice hotel, and there was a good mix of different clothes.

Up to you for DD - something pretty and nice, but could be practical wear too. And yes, can definitely change. I'd be tempted to go for a pretty summery dress - jut because I love girly little dresses

LenniEd Thu 24-Jul-08 22:29:36

Thanks Hulababy - very relieved to hear that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now