Talk

Advanced search

Am feeling old old old, make up for saggy skin advice please

(4 Posts)
walkinthewoods Thu 24-Jul-08 16:11:23

I feel and look a hundred. I don't have an excessive amount of wrinkles for 40 and those I don;t really mind. But my skin is saggy, which I do mind. And my eyes are usually puffy and have begun to get those old 'hoods' iykwim which HORRIFIES me.

I have noticed that if I wear schimmery eye shadow it looks BAD. What colour should I go for (I have hazel brown eyes and dark hair). I'm guessing it should be matte. I want something to try and detract from my age not look awful.

I have also looked on the net for foundation and it suggests a light reflecting foundation (what the hell?). And what's the best face powder.

I think I'm ripe for 10 years younger.

Niceychops Thu 24-Jul-08 20:04:57

foundation - I just bought chanel vitalumiere but almost swallowed my tongue when she told me the price. Boots no 7 make a cheaper one. Think cream eyeshadow prob better than powder. I'd probably skip powder altogether, v. aging.

Niceychops Thu 24-Jul-08 20:05:38

Sorry for lazy typing. I shall blame the heat.

MrsTiddles Thu 24-Jul-08 20:17:04

facial scrub
strong moisturiser for night time

"all about eyes" pot of ointment from Clinique - for the circles / bags and lids night and morning

"moisture surge" also by clinique - to add into lines around mouth and eyes during the day. This stuff is brilliant. Transforms my dried up old face (nearly 40) very nicely.

these two things are in tiny weeny tubs / tubes but last a very long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now