Talk

Advanced search

Who epilates? Is it worth me buying an epilator?

(9 Posts)
Flier Thu 24-Jul-08 09:42:56

I've got an electric bikini hair razor with an epilator attachment which I've been using on my legs this week, which I have found to be excellent, apart, that is, from the tiny wee fine hairs on my legs.

Would it be worth buying a "proper" epilator - will it do a better job of the wee fine hairs?

Sidge Thu 24-Jul-08 09:48:54

I used an epilator for a while on my legs, it did a good job but then I started getting a lot of ingrowing hairs despite using the exfoliator mitt thingy.

I shave now!

Bumblelion Thu 24-Jul-08 09:51:35

I had one epilator about 10 years ago and it hurt like hell. Ever tried pulling each individual hair out - that is what it felt like and I came up in a nasty rash. Now get waxed everywhere and it is a lot less painful.

Maybe they have improved and don't hurt so much now but I have been put off for life.

Flier Thu 24-Jul-08 09:51:49

I'm just fed up shaving, would prefer something that lasts longer, and waxing has never agreed with me!

Mikafan Thu 24-Jul-08 09:54:27

I epilate and have no problems with ingrowing hairs. You get used to the pain - well I have. I only have real pain with the underarms but I just switch sides every 60 seconds and its not so bad

Flier Thu 24-Jul-08 10:31:49

thanks mikafan

cmotdibbler Thu 24-Jul-08 13:26:42

I epilate too - can't be doing with waxing (either actually going, or waiting for hair to be long enough). Not that painful when used to it, and I do my armpits too.

nappyaddict Thu 24-Jul-08 13:33:44

if you do get one you need to make sure you use a good body scrub else you will get ingrowing hairs.

Flier Thu 24-Jul-08 16:25:49

thanks nappyaddict and cmotdibbler, been using a really good body scrub recently anyway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now