Talk

Advanced search

NIGHT CREAM - Has anyone found a good one?

(36 Posts)
DKMA Wed 23-Jul-08 12:22:25

I'm after a facial night cream that is so good that I look in the morning and gasp at how amazing my skin looks! shock

Does such a thing exist?

I like the ones that resurface and super hydrate the skin.

Has anyone found one that they are impressed with?

Thanks for your help!

nailpolish Wed 23-Jul-08 12:24:05

YES!

clarins orchid night oil

its oily but you are going to bed so it doesnt matter

it feels great on the skin and super hydrates (only for dehydrated skin)

another is decleor ylang ylang night balm - for less dehydrated skin

cornsilk Wed 23-Jul-08 12:24:26

There is meant to be a good one - Watts was recommending one a while back that was ££££'s.
In a blue bottle and sold on one of the John Lewis counters... will rack my brains to try to remember.

hoppybird Wed 23-Jul-08 12:50:28

Blue bottle? Would that be Guerlain's Midnight Secret? I've used this - it's nice, but the fragrance takes a bit of getting used to as it's pretty overpowering.

I find I get a good 'well-rested' and hydrated effect from Trevarno Overnight Replenishing Cream containing Frankincence, otherwise known as Boswellia Thurifera Essential Oil - it's what the hilariously named Boswellox is made from!

sfxmum Wed 23-Jul-08 12:54:38

not expensive might need to get used to smell but very effective comes in 2 types
frankincence

DKMA Wed 23-Jul-08 13:45:30

Oh hey this is great!

Do you know if any of the above have an exfolatory effect? I know that AAH's can be quite harsh but there are other ingredients that can have a similar effect.
I can get acne so I'm keen on getting rid of any dead skin cells as much as possible and I've heard that a good way to do it (as well as regular exfoliation) it through a night cream?

Not sure if I'm talking rubbish here though!

GrapefruitMoon Wed 23-Jul-08 13:47:17

I had an origins one once that was nice - smelled of oranges but can't remember what it was called. Currently using the Aldi cheapo one...

smallwhitecat Wed 23-Jul-08 13:47:18

Message withdrawn

isaidno Wed 23-Jul-08 13:49:11

I'm using the £1.79 night cream from Aldi. It was voted best night cream on How to look good naked.
I like it, but would not report any miracles!

OrmIrian Wed 23-Jul-08 13:49:21

Me too smallwhitecat.

It feels Ok but not sure whether it's any good or not. Still have lines like a 3d map around my eyes grin. Oooh sorry mustn't do shows up my lines too much.

smallwhitecat Wed 23-Jul-08 13:53:09

Message withdrawn

DKMA Wed 23-Jul-08 14:13:02

<<<<<Stunned>>>>>>

I'd better hunt down my nearest Aldi then!
Less than £2 shock

jesuswhatnext Wed 23-Jul-08 16:25:40

i like olays night cream or elizabeth ardens 'good nights sleep' which a bit more expensive but i think creams are like shampoos etc, it's good to change brands now and again.

DrNortherner Wed 23-Jul-08 16:26:17

Someone has beaten me to it but ALDI's if AMAZING. TRuly. I swear by it.

DKMA Wed 23-Jul-08 19:11:45

Just bumpin this for the evening ladies smile

Aldi's is looking good though!

girlnextdoor Wed 23-Jul-08 20:46:55

REN- Frankinscense and Boswellia or whatever it is- and also their Omega 3face oils.

olyoly Wed 23-Jul-08 22:42:38

I like Obagi Elastiderm for eyes and around mouth lines.

macherie Thu 24-Jul-08 08:27:14

If you want a cream to deal with spots and lines, then ROC Retin ox night is what you need. It contains retinol which dermatologists
prescribe for this skin type. My spots have really disappeared since I started using it.

everlong Thu 24-Jul-08 10:47:13

Night-a-mins by Origins, very nice.

But I've also been using the Aldi night cream and have to say it's lovely. I use it on my face, neck and decollatage. I can see a difference in only a week. Worth a go!

cornsilk Thu 24-Jul-08 11:50:34

Went to Aldi last night and got some miracle cream. Am hoping to resemble Angelina Jolie by next weekend.

ilovemydog Thu 24-Jul-08 11:57:21

it's going to sell out now, isn't it in bottom butter style? smile

cornsilk Thu 24-Jul-08 12:07:16

I've got my stash!

MrsSprat Thu 24-Jul-08 19:10:10

My face hasn't looked better since I started using Aldi at night, but I do use Lancome during the day. I think the 1.89 stops you scrimping

DKMA Thu 24-Jul-08 19:26:35

Shhhhh don't tell anyone else how good the Aldi cream is until I've had chance to get mine tomorrow!

mamalovesmojitos Thu 24-Jul-08 22:10:50

i really like protect and perfect.

anyone tried the estee lauder advanced night repair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now