Talk

Advanced search

Fly sandals - help me decide whether or not to keep them!

(16 Posts)
tkband3 Wed 23-Jul-08 12:04:33

I bought these in the camel colour, after reading about Fly shoes on another thread a few weeks ago. I think I like them, but DH has put me off, saying they look frumpy and I can't decide now whether or not to keep them.

Honest opinions gratefully received smile!

RubySlippers Wed 23-Jul-08 12:06:00

I like them a lot

i saw them on offer in John Lewis last week and am kicking myself that i didn't buy them

janeite Wed 23-Jul-08 12:10:57

I don't think they're frumpy but I think the ankle strap looks a bit strange (and I speak as somebody who normally loves ankle strap shoes). In red, they are deffo not frumpy; in beige they may be veering to it.

theexmrsfederer Wed 23-Jul-08 13:56:33

Keep them, they are fabulous. I have the blue pair, always get complimented cos they are trendy AND comfy.

brimfull Wed 23-Jul-08 14:03:41

they're nice

need to be worn with a trendy outfit I think or could look frumpy

Fimbo Wed 23-Jul-08 14:05:24

I like them - I have the Osti and you do have to pick the right things to wear with them or they can look a bit grannyish.

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Jul-08 14:05:32

Hmm, not sure. I can see them as frumpy or trendy - I guess it depends on who is wearing them and what with!

Beetroot Wed 23-Jul-08 14:07:20

I thought they for celaning with - fly lady sandals - smile

mazzystar Wed 23-Jul-08 14:09:22

yep its a how you wear it thing
I have a similar pair [no strap] and lots of people comment on how fab they are, but sometimes I feel like an old lady in comfy shoes wearing them
I think I would prefer the red meself, tbh
what's the rest of your look like?

theexmrsfederer Wed 23-Jul-08 14:30:24

I agree, the rest of your look has to match.

I wear min with cut off jeans (long shorts, not hotpants wink), linen trousers and surfy-type dresses.

tkband3 Wed 23-Jul-08 17:56:14

LOL beetroot!

Thanks for the feedback smile. I'm not uber-trendy, but I wouldn't say I was frumpy either. I like white stuff sort of clothes, although I can't always afford them! I'd wear them with cut off jeans or linen trousers or long floaty-type skirts/dresses.

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Wed 23-Jul-08 17:59:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slalomsuki Wed 23-Jul-08 18:47:47

Keep them and take the compliments

tkband3 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:01:31

Am wearing them at the moment with cut-offs. They are amazingly comfy! I haven't cut the tag off them yet though - a friend who's taste I admire is coming round in a mo' and I'm going to give her the final say smile! I think I'll be disappointed now though if she doesn't like them.

andiem Thu 24-Jul-08 09:12:06

I have mine on this morning too bought them from amazon as well I luuurve them they are so comfy grin

tkband3 Thu 24-Jul-08 09:36:02

Yup, keeping 'em. Friend liked them lots grin. Thanks for all the input smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now