Talk

Advanced search

flattering swimsuit advice

(10 Posts)
jgulia Tue 22-Jul-08 17:04:16

Does anyone know of a swimwear make that subtly hoiks up and in saggy post-baby bits?I don't want anything that looks armoured and prefer halterneck/boyleg styles.

MrsTiddles Tue 22-Jul-08 17:46:26

try figleaves - they have a sale on at the moment.

their miraclesuit is expensive at £110

here's a link:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=MIR-76029&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r2554 -p122043-front

rubles Tue 22-Jul-08 21:01:31

I bought the black/white polka dot one from bravissimo, which was v.v.v.v.v. flattering. I was the only person wearing a one piece in France, but it looked damn good, whereas I thought I looked shocking in a bikini. Although I am slim I am untoned.

It was about £45 I think, although I can't actually remember and may be completely making that up...defo less than £60.

jgulia Tue 22-Jul-08 21:44:31

thanks guys-I'm like you rubles cos I really suit a one piece but even when I was a size 8 and super fit looked v.poor in a bikini!

fishie Tue 22-Jul-08 21:47:08

speedo sculpture is good too.

mandymac Tue 22-Jul-08 21:56:03

Second vote for speedo sculpture here (I have to declare an interest as I work for them). I took 2 of the 1 pieces and one of the sculpture bikinis (with a high waist to control rampant muffin top) on holiday recently and felt very sleek. Looking around on the beach (bit of a bus mans holiday for me), I struggled to see anyone apart from teenage girls looking good in their bikinis - fabrics not supportive enough or cuts not flattering. The whole point of the sculpture range is to flatter and give subtle hold and support. We also do a 'younger' range in Sculpture fabric called 'chic' and this has some really elegant styles. You can buy online now at speedo.com
Sorry I know the above sounds like an ad, but having tried so much swimwear for work, I do really rate the range.

fishie Tue 22-Jul-08 21:59:27

ooh mandy i do love it as you can see from my recommendation. but i have found teh chlorine resistance is very poor on the lining for such an expensive garment.

mandymac Wed 23-Jul-08 21:19:59

Hmm - yes, unfortunately the lining (if you go for a style with a lining) will probably be in a normal nylon lycra - hence much less chlorine resistant than the main fabric, even if it is in the sculpture fabric, but a lighter weight it would probably degrade faster. But I will point it out to the product manager.

bogie Wed 23-Jul-08 21:24:18

store.businessestore.com/celebrityonair-1504/Product.aspx?ID=491898&DeptName=&ParentID=54921

I got this in tkmaxx for £25 and it is lovley

tomwill Mon 28-Jul-08 17:09:42

Debenhams - excellent selection particularly the bigger size range - and currently reduced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now