Talk

Advanced search

miracle please - how do I lose 1/2 a stone in a week or less

(31 Posts)
jeangenie Tue 22-Jul-08 13:30:58

is it possible?

I left it too late again...

whooosh Tue 22-Jul-08 13:31:52

Fresh fruit and steamed veg,loads of water and now't else!

Snaf Tue 22-Jul-08 13:36:13

Unlikely, unless you starve yourself. And it will only go straight back on (with reinforcements) as soon as you start eating again.

Let me guess - bikini? grin

Kewcumber Tue 22-Jul-08 13:36:34

magic pants

Tigerschick Tue 22-Jul-08 13:38:12

There's a thing that is advertised ad infinitum on facebook that says you can lose 2 stone in 20 days - am a bit hmm about it tho ...

Kewcumber Tue 22-Jul-08 13:39:49

Tiger - I think you have to cut your head off - that would accoutns for 10lbs - the blood loss probably another couple and lack of being able to eat would probably make you up to 20lbs.

there isn't anyone left in the world over the age of 14 who truly believes you can lose that kind of weight so quickly is there?

jeangenie Tue 22-Jul-08 13:46:51

yep - bikini blush - how did you guess although am thinking full body wetsuit at the mo

magic pants don't look so good with the old bikini, that's my problem. Although I'm sure I'd turn a few heads on the beach alright grin

whooosh Tue 22-Jul-08 13:48:54

Buy a one-pice with tummy control grin

Sawyer64 Tue 22-Jul-08 13:53:02

I am on the Cmbridge diet,and on my first week usually lost 10lb.

But its a drastic diet,as its all liqued.Works well though,and you dont necessarily put it all back on again,depends how you eat at the end,like any diet. IME

Kewcumber Tue 22-Jul-08 13:56:17

don;t magic pants do a bikini version? They should think about it if not.

LongLiveGreenElizabeth Tue 22-Jul-08 14:01:09

4 bowls of porridge with soya milk + fruit and veg.

Measure out about half a cup of porridge oats and put in about 200 mls of unsweetened soya milk. Eat about four times a day.

Snack on fruit and veg. No sauces, no milk in your tea or coffee. BLACK coffee allowed.

NOTHING ELSE.

You will lose about 5lbs in a week. It's harder for me to lose weight as I'm about 8lbs more than I'd like to be. But I will lose 4 or 5lbs on this diet if I keep it up for a week, and YOU WILL NOT BE HUNGRY on it either!

porridge really fills you. it's so boring you won't be able to do it longer than a week, but it's great in an emergency.

Egg Tue 22-Jul-08 14:11:16

If I want to lose a few lbs I drink cups of tea every time I want to eat a biscuit / choc bar / something equally yummy. This only works if you usually eat way too many snacks mind you.

jeangenie Tue 22-Jul-08 15:04:56

I don't eatthat many snacks and I drink way too many cups of tea already!

I think I will just give up and pretend I am pregnant. Genius idea. Way hay. Pass me a biscuit...

Anna8888 Tue 22-Jul-08 15:07:00

Water, 100g grilled lean protein, boiled/steamed/raw vegetables at every meal.

One small portion of carbs at breakfast and one at lunch - none at supper.

One piece of fruit at supper.

One tablespoon of olive oil or butter per day.

Ewe Tue 22-Jul-08 15:10:17

Cut out all carbs, just eat lean meat/eggs/1-2 cupfuls of veg per day and drink loads n loads of water!

EffiePerine Tue 22-Jul-08 15:13:09

why is this strangely depressing?

just wear the bikini, no-one will notice your are (in your opinion) a few punds overweight (and I would bet a chocolate hobnob you are in fact FINE)

noddyholder Tue 22-Jul-08 15:23:50

I have a thrad er a friend who has lost a stone in 3 weeks Have a look you do eat proper food!

girlnextdoor Tue 22-Jul-08 15:54:41

I'd buy a one-piece swim suit and start a PROPER eating regime- 7lbs in a week is unsafe- you will lose muscle as well as fat and it will all go back on- the fat that is,not the muscle.

The max. recommended for long term weight loss is 2-3lbs a week.

girlnextdoor Tue 22-Jul-08 15:56:13

sawyer- any liquid diet is madness- what happens to fibre? You must be completely constipated!

LongLiveGreenElizabeth Tue 22-Jul-08 17:01:37

Porridge diet has fibre and vitimin D and the soya milk is low in calories and contains protein and calcium.

the weight will still drop off despite it bieng a carb.

jeangenie Tue 22-Jul-08 17:14:15

I am FINE - please don't get depressed on my behalf - I do eat well, just a little too much and I haven't been exercising enough of late so I feel a bit porky...it's more about how I feel than how I look tbh. I feel better when I am a bit slimmer, and I'd like to feel that way on my hols grin

discantus Tue 22-Jul-08 17:15:10

Tough but do-able. No carbs after 10am (and I mean NONE). Chicken or prawn salad for lunch, clear soup and lettuce wraps for dinner. Half hour on the treadmill every night.

IF you feel you're falling off the wagon put Fashion TV/make me a supermodel/britain's next top model on TV for some thinspiration.

This worked for me!

rowingboat Tue 22-Jul-08 17:25:55

I had a body wrap years ago and it definitely toned me up and I lost inches on all measurements.
Food wise, can you do a meal replacement for lunch with fruit snacks then regular cereal for breakfast and a low fat dinner, like pasta and tomato sauce or whatever plus lots of salad, veggies, or vegetable soup. Cut cheese down to a minimum, one biccie a day, no more. No sweeties
I say to tone up in that time you are going to have to exercise at least four times a week. Do a half jog half walk for about half and hour four times a week. Or swimming. Also some toning exercises at home: sit ups and arm stuff.
When you are on holiday, try to do interesting walks and you will come back full of energy.
Good luck!

yummiemumma Tue 22-Jul-08 17:28:41

my oh is unconsiderate considering hes one of those men who eat like a horse and is eight and half stone with 28 inch waists and me whereas have bottom size of brazil angry

Kewcumber Tue 22-Jul-08 20:17:31

effieperine - the voice of reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now