Talk

Advanced search

Bugger! Have just dyed my forehead chesnut brown

(16 Posts)
missblythe Tue 22-Jul-08 11:21:22

Grey hairs needed urgent attention, couldn't find Vaseline to make protective barrier, now have dark brown ears, forehead (and elbow hmm)

What will get it off? I only have acetone-free nail-polish remover, which doesn't work.

Bleach?

Lovingthepink Tue 22-Jul-08 11:23:25

I was going to say nail varnish remover. I know it would be harsh- (but you sound desperate.) What about white spirit?

Marina Tue 22-Jul-08 11:24:33

Baby wipes might be worth a go
Vim...?

fatzak Tue 22-Jul-08 11:24:57

I had to give my ears/forehead/neck a good scrub with the scourer side of those sponge pads last weeek blush Hurt like hell but managed to get it all off!

surgical spirit?

funnypeculiar Tue 22-Jul-08 11:27:39

exfoliate?

Katiekitty Tue 22-Jul-08 11:46:11

Maybe try those fake tan remover wipes you can get from Boots 17?
Or lemon juice? Not sure why I think lemons, but maybe it will work?
You poor thing

Mimsy2000 Tue 22-Jul-08 11:49:19

oh my god your title made laugh out loud. i do this every 6 weeks and have virtually stopped caring!

i think a good bit of exfoliating is what works best. i'd try an alcohol based toner or some such chemical thing that burns.

good luck!

kando Tue 22-Jul-08 11:52:12

I would go for the baby wipes. They did the trick for me when I had hairdye on my neck! Good luck ...

missblythe Tue 22-Jul-08 12:03:48

Update:

Baby wipes: didn't work at all (although maybe that's a good thing)

Vim: dunno, it's not 1952, so I don't have any grin

Surgical spirit: worked a bit, made eyes water

Domestos: Worked like a charm!

Purplepillow Tue 22-Jul-08 12:11:42

In the hairdressers where I used to work, when this happened with darker shades we used milk to remove the colour from skin.

But the best thing to do is when you are washing off the colour add just a little water and massage head and all round the hairline(especially ears) and it takes it off.

Hth gringringrin

Mimsy2000 Tue 22-Jul-08 12:56:46

domestos! wow - that's hardcore. you suffer for your beauty. well done.

NomDePlume Tue 22-Jul-08 12:58:58

PMSL @ thread title

Mimsy2000 Tue 22-Jul-08 13:10:34

what's pmsl mean, nomdeplume?

kittenloren Wed 23-Jul-08 06:24:20

For future reference, Clearasil works like a charm - worth keeping a bottle 'for emergency use only', esp. if you're planning on doing roots in six/eight weeks!

Or (and I don't know why this works, but my hairdresser used to do it years ago), hairspray on cotton wool.

I too PMSL @ thread title, but not as much as I did at Domestos... grin

missblythe Wed 23-Jul-08 09:02:48

Milk? Clearasil? Cotton Wool?

You're all wusses, the hard stuff is what you need! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now