Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

so I can't wear shorts because of chunky thighs, can't wear cut offs because of cankles, what do I wear on a warm day??

(11 Posts)
deaconblue Tue 22-Jul-08 11:16:05

Don't like skirts as day wear (too much hassle with blowing up in the breeze and ds swinging off them)
I have been wearing cut offs even though I know my cankles look worse with them as am too hot in trousers.

Dropdeadfred Tue 22-Jul-08 11:16:47

wide leg linen trousers?

notnowbernard Tue 22-Jul-08 11:17:17

linen trousers

FluffyMummy123 Tue 22-Jul-08 11:22:37

Message withdrawn

deaconblue Tue 22-Jul-08 11:25:46

you haven't seen them recently. They look like hockey players' legs
ok, I have 2 pairs linen trousers BUT by the end of a morning they are all baggy and crumply and for some reason ds' snot seems to really show up on them.
I am hard to please I know

frumpygrumpyhasPMT Tue 22-Jul-08 11:25:57

I'm similar. I feel fine on holiday in shorts and skirts but never here.

I wear lots of linen trousers. They go with everything, dress them up, dress them down, sandals, pumps, trainers, flip flops, vests, wraps, tunics, you name it.

The White Company have some very good quality and well fitting ones in their sale. Normally £60.

Always iron.
Always wear only once, unless you want to look like a bag lady.
Never fabric condition.

frumpygrumpyhasPMT Tue 22-Jul-08 11:27:33

Its ok if they look crap and you are only staying in.........

Keep a better pair to sling on when you head out. If I've been out in mine I might change into jeans or jamas to get through the rest of the day/evening.

The better the quality linen, the less crumply they are.

JudgeNutmeg Tue 22-Jul-08 11:27:44

I have big legs although I am very fit so they are, at least toned and tanned. In my opinion most people really don't spend a lot of time considering my legs so I wear whatever I feel like within the constraints of decency.

In Spain I wear shorts all the time and in the UK I wear 3/4 trousers or a wetsuit. grin Wear what feels comfy and just get on with having a nice time.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 22-Jul-08 11:28:02

Message withdrawn

iBundle Tue 22-Jul-08 11:28:22

just bought silvery grey blue linen widelegs from monsoon sale - £20ish, ver comfy

frumpygrumpyhasPMT Tue 22-Jul-08 11:29:06

I used to put my clothes on in the morning and keep them on all day. Now I tend to lounge about/do housework in older/softer stuff and change when I head out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now