Talk

Advanced search

which makeup items can you go for the cheap option?

(8 Posts)
Niceychops Mon 21-Jul-08 18:34:13

and which is it worth investing in a good quality brand?

nkf Mon 21-Jul-08 18:41:02

I've read good reviews of Maybelline mascara is good. And it was okay.
Me, I buy very little make up so I like it to feel quite indulgent. I think cheaper brands of lipstick are always horrible colours.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 21-Jul-08 18:42:02

I love Maybelline mascara !
I use cheapo Rimmel hide the blemish,is pretty good

RubySlippers Mon 21-Jul-08 18:46:35

you can skimp on mascara, eye liners and some eye shadows (most cheaper makes use less pigments so crease and fade more easily)

the best mascara is a boots natural collection one which is excellent

maybelline and No 7 lip glosses are as good as juicy tubes and Barry M ones are also good (as are there pots of dazzle dust which you can use wet or dry)

IIRC, bourjois is made by chanel so is fairly high quality

rimmel fast finish nail polishes are also fantastic

invest in the best foundation you can buy and a decent moisturiser, as well as a good blusher

also, GOOD make up brushes make a difference to the finish of your make up

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jul-08 18:50:23

I go cheap on all of it.

MissSporty Fabulous Lash waterproof mascara rox and is £2.99 in Semi-Chem. Even got a mention in The Sunday Times Style section.

jgulia Wed 23-Jul-08 12:32:56

I love boots natural collection juicy lips,bourjois shadow and blush and no 7 mascara-getting the colours right in natural light I think is one of the most important things which is possible in our Exeter Boots.L'oreal true match mineral foundation looks really natural and there are loads of colours to choose from.

TheCrackFox Wed 23-Jul-08 13:09:57

Maybelline nail varnish is great. I have bought Chanel before - expensive and chips after about 3 hours.

slim22 Wed 23-Jul-08 13:21:23

lipgloss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now