Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Peacocks!!!!

(11 Posts)
noddyholder Mon 21-Jul-08 13:34:50

Went there today and it has lots of clothes which look good on bigger boobs!Esp a really lovely black crossover sleeveless dress with elastic/ruche under bust and a denim dress with a corset shaped top but very stylish on.Really cheap and not as tacky as primark the clothes are slightly better made i think and they have some groovy shoes but didn't have time to try them.Really good for a quick fashion fix even if they don't last.

MamaG Mon 21-Jul-08 13:36:03

Oh I'm a big fan of Peacocks

Some of their stuff is great - I'v ehad loads of shoes from there too. Some of the shoes are leather.

IllegallyBrunette Mon 21-Jul-08 13:37:18

Another fan here.

Got a lovely skirt for my hols from there last week.

Lola234 Mon 21-Jul-08 13:44:15

im not a big fan, its very primark-style.

Carmenere Mon 21-Jul-08 13:48:15

I always have a look and have gotten some fab things there BUT there is a lot of flimsy trashy stuff, you have to be very choosy. that said my most favourite skirt comes from there, it is a great fit, very hard wearing and good quality.

MamaG Mon 21-Jul-08 13:52:04

Yes, agre you have to be choosy

My SIL (who is always immaculately dressed) will team a Peacocks t shirt (some of the detail on their Ts make them look much more expensive) with expensive jeans and look fantastci

IllegallyBrunette Mon 21-Jul-08 14:36:55

Agree that some of it is rubbish.

I am not overly keen on their kids stuff.

Nice range of shoes the last time I went in though, and bags.

Katisha Mon 21-Jul-08 14:37:49

I once bought a jacket there which several people have assumed was from Hobbs...

MrsSprat Mon 21-Jul-08 20:48:05

True you can find some really good stuff there. Great sandals and inexpensive fashion-victimy shoes, good separates if you pick out reasonable fabrics and avoid anything too synthetic.

The men's stuff is pretty dire and logo-laden generally

MrsBadger Tue 22-Jul-08 08:52:40

I did very well there for early-pg wear - cheapy empire-line tops etc
also v comfy canvas converse/ballet hybrids

it's one of those ones it's worth nosing round once a week, and every sixth visit you might find one gem.

the kids' stuff is utter bobbins though

lazaroulovesleggings Tue 22-Jul-08 08:54:00

I've got some lovely things from Peacocks. They're really cheap as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now