Talk

Advanced search

St Tropez Spray Tan-what do I need to know?

(8 Posts)
Flier Mon 21-Jul-08 11:16:38

Am now planning on getting a salon tan for a dinner dance I'm going to this weekend. I've never had one of these before, so-

1. What do I wear for the treatment?
2. How long will it take to dry?
3. Will I look all streaky immediately after?(I remember this from st.tropez tans in the past)
4. Will it be very very dark? I'm really quite pale.
5.How long before the dinner dance should I get it done?

Flier Mon 21-Jul-08 16:41:04

anyone?

elliephant Mon 21-Jul-08 18:35:40

1.Wear loose clothing and flip flops, no socks as they will mark your feet.Take your rings/jewellery off as well. You may usually be given a pair of paper knickers, but in case you're not wear old pants you don't love.

2.Just a few minutes but it can smudge hence
the loose clothes.

3.You will look awful afterwards unless dark body stripes suit you. When you shower the next day the blotchiness will honestly disappear down the plug hole leaving you glowing and gorgerous.

4. Depends- I am very fair as well and prefer the Fake Bake spray - lighter colour. However I think as its summer and you are going to an evening do you will get away with a darker colour. It really does make a difference and seems to knock off a few pounds as well.

5.Get it done the night before and make sure you avoid water - be extra careful when wsashing your hands- hold them downwards ifykwim and washing your teeth- the paste will bleach. Get someone else to do the dishes.

6. Shower before you have it put on but don't use any body creams. Also if you shave your legs do it that morning .

7. Exfoliate for a couple of days before.

8. Don't rub your skin after you shower the next day - pat it and moisturise well.

Hope some of this helps.

Flier Mon 21-Jul-08 22:19:22

thanks elliephant. I'm scared now. grin so, would it be inadvisable to go for a sauna or a swim the day after the spray tan, the afternoon of the evening function?

FluffyMummy123 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:20:44

Message withdrawn

Flier Mon 21-Jul-08 22:26:33

Thanks Cod - do you know, will it come off if I go for a spa/sauna?

elliephant Tue 22-Jul-08 23:16:58

Do not go for a spa or sauna before the big doshockgrin . Excessive sweating and prolonged contact with water should be avoided until after your big event.

Flier Wed 23-Jul-08 07:53:23

thanks for replying, elliephant. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now